Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

5/07/2021 10:20 pm  #1

Advice

I am a great enthusiast of Duquesne Basketball despite having attended other universities which possessed a dissimilar culture. My allegiance to Dukes basketball is a consequence of having been heavily influenced by a very enthusiastic Duquesne alumnus whose passion for Duquesne basketball was insatiable.
Having divulged that I am a quasi-outsider, I feel some reluctance to express a few notions which I have deleloped as a result of reading various posts on the board.
In point of fact, my hesitancy is also fed by advice from some of my barmy friends that say members who are perceived as "outside" will likely be ignored, or if not ignored, possibly subjected to a degree of anxiety.
As I have not shaped my own conclusion during my short board membership, are opinions from non-alums valued?

5/08/2021 6:37 am  #2

Re: Advice

Have at it, brother!

5/08/2021 11:26 am  #3

You may fire when ready Gridley 

Vicimus Atlanticum decem

5/08/2021 11:42 am  #4

As a alumn, I have  spent 40 years watching these failures,  I used to think it was an underfunded athletic department.   Now looking at the staff directory, the staff is huge and in comparison to other A10 schools and bigger than most.   So that excuse has been crossed off my ledger.

Fresh perspectives are always welcomed.   I used to get angry about it.   Now I just care very little.   My hopes were raised slightly by seeing the new place but the mass exodus has sucked the life out of me.  Lol. 

I don’t follow any coverage of the team on social media or the little that’s in the news.  I check in here like once a week to see who left or what D2 transfer we have that will be the second coming.  Or what staff member has been added.   It’s better for the blood pressure that way.

Last edited by A83 (5/08/2021 11:43 am)

5/09/2021 3:29 am  #5

Tejas_Duke wrote:

You may fire when ready Gridley 

Thank you commodore. Be assured that no Spanish grudge exists.

5/09/2021 3:33 am  #6

Hilltopper and A83: thank you for your input.

5/09/2021 10:08 am  #7

Pathfinder, absolutely. Welcome aboard. A fresh and/or different perspective adds value to this board. And since you have read this board, you have seen that opinions range from the “red and blue tinted glasses” camp where the coaches/players/staff/admin/concessions can do no wrong to the 180 degree opposite where they can do no right. There are optimists and pessimists. I look forward to reading your posts.

5/09/2021 11:25 am  #8

PhoenixRising2 wrote:

Pathfinder, absolutely. Welcome aboard. A fresh and/or different perspective adds value to this board. And since you have read this board, you have seen that opinions range from the “red and blue tinted glasses” camp where the coaches/players/staff/admin/concessions can do no wrong to the 180 degree opposite where they can do no right. There are optimists and pessimists. I look forward to reading your posts.

Thank you, PhoenixRising2. Your gracious welcome and forthright description of the board is greatly appreciated and highly refreshing.

5/09/2021 12:23 pm  #9

PhoenixRising2 wrote:

You forgot to add "And then there's Ritters Diner. who is in a category all by himself. 

Vicimus Atlanticum decem

5/09/2021 2:13 pm  #10

Haven't seen much from Ritters lately. Even though he drives me crazy, hoping he is doing OK. One nice aspect to this board, I think, is the fact that we can all agree to disagree from time to time but I do believe that all here respect each others' opinions with very few exceptions. I really appreciate the opportunity to read and post here. Welcome Pathfinder!

5/09/2021 4:32 pm  #11

El Presidente wrote:

Haven't seen much from Ritters lately. Even though he drives me crazy, hoping he is doing OK. One nice aspect to this board, I think, is the fact that we can all agree to disagree from time to time but I do believe that all here respect each others' opinions with very few exceptions. I really appreciate the opportunity to read and post here. Welcome Pathfinder!

Thank you for your supportive advice.
In regards to the character of the board,
I have faith in the tradition that equitable portions of respect and adversity provide the ideal ingredients in creating a united common cause.

I suspect such a recipe is seldom served at Ritter's dinner?

Board footera