Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

5/12/2021 8:28 am  #1

5/12/2021 10:07 am  #2

Re: PSN Article - DU New Look Roster

Great stuff!

It takes a lot of gumption to sincerely & publicly list your shortcomings while laying out the plan to overcome them. This is the kind of outstanding leadership that every player should benefit from & all fans should be thrilled about.

I also find the coach's comments about bigs to be very encouraging. While I realize that he is, to some extent, selling his new acquisitions to the fan base, he also appears quite confident that these guys will produce.

5/12/2021 11:36 am  #3

Nice article… time will tell. I give Coach credit for retooling. Still holding out hope for Maceo n Rotroff. Maceo was highly recruited as we know and when Rotroff was a HS senior, he was ranked as the second best center in the state of Ohio. Go Dukes.

Last edited by FAM (5/12/2021 12:02 pm)

5/12/2021 3:54 pm  #4

Agreed guys, very encouraging article and frankly I agree with the assessment.  Excellent point by KD about the portal enabling us to bring in battle tested D1 players with talent.  Even if Williams is as good as KD is saying, I still think we are undersized at the 5, but perhaps Rotroff can have a good senior year and if there is one thing he brings it is a big body - he just needs to get stronger and utilize that big body.  I am sure that Hima is really ready yet given the length of time he hasn't played in a game, but I would like to see the kid get 4 minutes or so a game in the non-conference to start to get his feet wet.  If he and Rotroff can give Williams a break 10-12 min a game that would be really helpful.  Anyway good stuff guys.  GO DUKES!!

P.S. Someone said a transfer out was imminent, but so far crickets on that....... 

5/12/2021 3:55 pm  #5

As to HIma, NOT really ready yet...........but I am sure you guys knew what I meant. LOL

5/12/2021 6:22 pm  #6

Pete a very good sign is that Rotroff is working really hard.

John Henderson, Associate Athletic Director/Sports Medicine and Performance: "Austin is a dedicated and self-motivated student-athlete who has committed to enhancing his athletic career by means of strength and conditioning. He has demonstrated an elite commitment to training through every obstacle that has come his way. Through injury, remote training, and extra voluntary lifts, he has made exemplary progress in transforming his body, and in doing so, improving his game. His work ethic and consistency are matched by his quality of character. It is a true pleasure to be Austin's coach."

Nine Dukes Receive NSCA All-American Athlete Awards - Duquesne University Athletics (goduquesne.com)

5/12/2021 6:44 pm  #7

It would be wonderful to see Rotroff have a solid Senior year.  He is a good kid and hard worker from everything we hear and read and I hope it translates to the court this year.  Go Dukes!

5/12/2021 6:58 pm  #8

PistolPete wrote:

It would be wonderful to see Rotroff have a solid Senior year.  He is a good kid and hard worker from everything we hear and read and I hope it translates to the court this year.  Go Dukes!

Rotroff will still be a junior this year since last season didn't count.

5/12/2021 9:46 pm  #9

Thanks WashPA.

5/13/2021 7:36 pm  #10

WashPaRick wrote:

PistolPete wrote:

Rotroff will still be a junior this year since last season didn't count.

I'm pulling for Austin. Off to a great start in his first ever college game but really never got it going then the ACL. It would be great for him and the program if he could have a positive impact in his final 2 seasons. Not a great athlete but there have been others not so blessed that have been pretty good players overall. I know that he has an above average shot and was developing a nice hook shot as well. 

Board footera