Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

5/20/2021 7:47 pm  #1

Harris Gone

According to this Trib Article the Dukes are one under on scholarships.   

https://triblive.com/sports/duquesne-transfers-total-eight-players-after-freshman-forward-andre-harris-enters-portal/

5/20/2021 8:14 pm  #2

Re: Harris Gone

PSN Article. According to this article his departure was part of the house cleaning.

https://twitter.com/mvukovcan/status/1395536619126542336?s=20

5/20/2021 8:36 pm  #3

CLK wrote:

According to this Trib Article the Dukes are one under on scholarships.

https://triblive.com/sports/duquesne-transfers-total-eight-players-after-freshman-forward-andre-harris-enters-portal/

Can't see KD sitting on a schollie.

5/20/2021 9:00 pm  #4

By BY 

5/21/2021 7:14 am  #5

This is almost a brand new team. .. amybody's guess as to what the coach can put on the floor.

5/21/2021 7:38 am  #6

While I am in favor of the vigorous attempt at culture change, the inability to keep highly talented players in the program continues to be a concern. I find this very confusing.

5/21/2021 7:44 am  #7

phil95 wrote:

While I am in favor of the vigorous attempt at culture change, the inability to keep highly talented players in the program continues to be a concern. I find this very confusing.

Andre would have helped this team.  I hope for the team's sake he was a bigger distraction than I believed him to be.  otherwise, the "culture" of this team continues to be that high-end talent doesn't stay.  This last scholarship needs to be used wisely - if indeed there still is another scholarship.  The consensus on this board has been we do not have another scholarship

5/21/2021 7:56 am  #8

This is what I have - who am I missing?  anyone?

Acuff
Okani
Austin
Bekelja
Rotroff
Hima
Easley
Ayers
Gunn
Williams
Barba
Johnson

That's 12 scholarships

5/21/2021 8:01 am  #9

Styles1229 wrote:

Acuff
Okani
Austin
Bekelja
Rotroff
Hima
Easley
Ayers
Gunn
Williams
Barba
Johnson

That's 12 scholarships

Spears.

5/21/2021 8:03 am  #10

El Presidente wrote:

Styles1229 wrote:

Acuff
Okani
Austin
Bekelja
Rotroff
Hima
Easley
Ayers
Gunn
Williams
Barba
Johnson

That's 12 scholarships

Spears.

Right!!  I was getting him confused with Castro who decommitted.  So the Trib is reporting we still have one scholarship.  They are not mentioning Hima when they report returning scholarship players.  Thoughts?

5/21/2021 8:14 am  #11

Styles1229 wrote:

El Presidente wrote:

Styles1229 wrote:

Acuff
Okani
Austin
Bekelja
Rotroff
Hima
Easley
Ayers
Gunn
Williams
Barba
Johnson

That's 12 scholarships

Spears.

Right!!  I was getting him confused with Castro who decommitted.  So the Trib is reporting we still have one scholarship.  They are not mentioning Hima when they report returning scholarship players.  Thoughts?

Trying to figure out our scholarships with KD is a daunting task. There always seems to be a new wrinkle of some sort and a certain air of mystery surrounding it all. No doubt that we are always on the up and up but hard to keep up with KD on this. It's anybody's guess what's what!! Interesting though.

5/21/2021 9:33 am  #12

Of last year's newcomers, if we only are keeping a few (and apparently we are), I really like the retention of Acuff and Okani. Seem to be character guys with a pile of athleticism and upside. Can only recall seeing hard work in game from those two and never any chirping. Building blocks that can be developed and aren't a distraction.

Agree with everything above about schollies, hard to keep up.

5/21/2021 10:45 am  #13

z duke wrote:

Of last year's newcomers, if we only are keeping a few (and apparently we are), I really like the retention of Acuff and Okani. Seem to be character guys with a pile of athleticism and upside. Can only recall seeing hard work in game from those two and never any chirping. Building blocks that can be developed and aren't a distraction.

Agree with everything above about schollies, hard to keep up.

I also agree about Okani n Acuff. Okani really displayed some athleticism n Acuff flashed some promise. Despite this affecting another position, it also dawned on me that the 2 incoming frosh guards will be a big part of whether we have a decent season

Board footera