Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

5/25/2021 7:14 pm  #2

5/25/2021 7:59 pm  #3

Re: PG Article

Thanks CLK, good articles.  One comment from KD caught my eye though and it was at the end of the PG article and here it is: "Good culture and bad talent isn't a good recipe.  You have to have good talent to win."  I agree that a good culture is critical for a team and program, but as noted by KD you still need the talent, so looking up and down the roster does anyone see any holes in the talent equation? You can take a guess where I see 2 spots where the talent factor is not A-10 quality, let alone A-10 championship quality.  Just sayin....... 

5/25/2021 8:45 pm  #4

THIS is a coach I can get excited about.

There are far too many variables in a situation like this to assume this year's team will achieve greatness. There are just too many oddball, beyond a coach's control, things that can go wrong. However, I feel great about the revamped roster & applaud KD shooting for the stars.

If TDM would have hit the portal immediately, would there be a veteran, transfer PG on the roster now?

5/26/2021 8:00 am  #5

Surprised about Dambrots desire to return TDM. No secrets in league play. Pick & roll with big & guard & what do you have? TDM  on a 6’9 big on the low block. Saw that picture many times. Also no mention about Rotroff in article. I suspect he is in the picture. As far as the other returning players Pistol watch your blood pressure 😂

5/26/2021 8:58 am  #6

I am not passionate about this opinion but, TDM & Marcus's brother are prime examples of why I don't like the COVID exemption applying to 6th year players. Maybe they should have been able to play a fifth year only if they remained at the school where they ended this season?

Having written that, I am happy to see TDM move on. His game & the way he was deployed made me crazy for 2 seasons.

Based on his very public/blunt comments, KD seems miffed at TDM. He should be. Coach gave a lightly recruited, undersized player 2 chances to play at levels likely beyond his capabilities & tons of playing time/freedom/responsibility over the course of 5 years only to have that player flip-flop on him amidst portal recruiting madness.

It surprises me that posters that have consistently wished good riddance to EW, Baker, Sincere, Harris, etc... (apparently) see this one differently.

Board footera