Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

5/30/2021 7:36 pm  #26

Re: Roster 2021-2022

El Presidente wrote:

Find it a bit odd that RG Gunn is listed as a center on the website. KD had referred to him as a 4 I believe. Didn't he play guard for his college team? Wonder where he will play. Thinking multiple positions? Would be surprised to see him at guard for the Dukes.

The most successful PF at Akron was a SG in HS and thought of himself as one the first few years in college.  Marcus Weathers was a SG in HS.  KD likes PFs who are athletic and can stretch the floor.....also intelligent and can move the ball.  Gunn seems to fit that mold.

5/31/2021 4:15 pm  #27

El Presidente wrote:

Find it a bit odd that RG Gunn is listed as a center on the website. KD had referred to him as a 4 I believe. Didn't he play guard for his college team? Wonder where he will play. Thinking multiple positions? Would be surprised to see him at guard for the Dukes.

I wondered about that also.  Seems like an error.  Would the projected Center depth right now be Williams, then Hima and Rotroff, not necessarily in that order?  And another recruit is still possible??

5/31/2021 4:50 pm  #28

Could be an error. Doesn't really make much sense to me. I see Williams as the starting center despite his height with Rotroff and Hima behind him. Of course the possibility exists for Williams to play the 4 on occasion to get another big in. Who knows? There is certainly the potential for more versatility on this team regarding positions. There are a number of players here that can and may play 2 or even, in some cases, 3 different positions during the season. I'm ready for a jump ball right now!

5/31/2021 5:14 pm  #29

It could be a head fake by KD.
Competing coaches see that Gunn is listed as a center they
may not care if KD  is indeed recruiting for a center perhaps
 the same player they are recruiting.

6/18/2021 10:32 am  #30

Numbers assigned, not sure if thats new info or not, can just go to roster on the DU athletics site.

6/18/2021 1:08 pm  #31

One player listed as “graduate” and no one listed as a senior.

6/18/2021 5:09 pm  #32

Interesting observation Econ69 and I never thought about that. I think that you might be on to something and certainly wouldn't blame KD for trying it.Will be interesting to see how this all shakes out and I like what I see for next season and you would think we're as deep as ever in KD era.

Board footera