Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

5/25/2021 8:13 am  #1

5/25/2021 9:20 am  #2

Re: Barba Recovering From Injury

I like his combination of shooting & athleticism. I hope he sticks around for year 2. Recovering from this injury & cracking this wing-heavy lineup as a freshman will be quite the challenge.

I wonder if he can also play the 2.

5/25/2021 11:09 am  #3

Better to get it fixed now than in 2-3 years.    KD is gonna have his hands full keeping these guys happy.   Lots of players who can play on this roster, and only 40 minutes/game.

5/30/2021 11:07 am  #4

townsonkid wrote:

Better to get it fixed now than in 2-3 years.    KD is gonna have his hands full keeping these guys happy.   Lots of players who can play on this roster, and only 40 minutes/game.

Thirteen players, 40 minutes, and 1 basketball. It will be very interesting to see how it all plays out. Obviously there will be some players who will be unhappy with their playing time. That's expected and who can blame a kid who has been a great player in HS and isn't getting much opportunity at the next level. It's all part of the process. Those who spend most of their time on the bench will look to go elsewhere where they think there may be more PT for them. I guess the trick is keeping enough players happy enough. Not easy these days as stated. You would almost think with the apparent depth on this team we might see a 10 or 11 man rotation. I almost can't imagine too many of these players not getting playing time. There will most likely be injuries, hopefully nothing serious, and a player or two who may not fulfill expectations as well. Guess you can never have enough good players.

5/30/2021 7:28 pm  #5

El Presidente wrote:

townsonkid wrote:

Thirteen players, 40 minutes, and 1 basketball. It will be very interesting to see how it all plays out. Obviously there will be some players who will be unhappy with their playing time. That's expected and who can blame a kid who has been a great player in HS and isn't getting much opportunity at the next level. It's all part of the process. Those who spend most of their time on the bench will look to go elsewhere where they think there may be more PT for them. I guess the trick is keeping enough players happy enough. Not easy these days as stated. You would almost think with the apparent depth on this team we might see a 10 or 11 man rotation. I almost can't imagine too many of these players not getting playing time. There will most likely be injuries, hopefully nothing serious, and a player or two who may not fulfill expectations as well. Guess you can never have enough good players.

As long as I have followed KD he has had a deep rotation. 10 to 11....not all getting big minutes.

5/31/2021 11:06 am  #6

As has been the case with my narrative all along, I'll skip the hand-wringing and take a wild stab at optimism under this current coaching staff. I like an idea that this current collection of prospects will show a maturity level well beyond what we have seen in coach Dambrot's past teams at Duquesne... and, really, that's saying something for an era that hasn't had a losing season since the previous coach's tenure. I'm betting we'll find these incoming players are here to mesh with the desired holdovers because they passed coach Dambrot's checklist of standards and are not the collection of misfits, if you will, that, while they were successful in the win-loss column, caused more drama than anyone would have preferred. So long to the past and hello to the present! I see a bright scenario at UPMC Cooper Fieldhouse come next basketball season!

5/31/2021 2:22 pm  #7

Crosseye WOW. A rational, objective & positive comment about Coach Dambrot. Are you sure you belong on this board.🤣🤣🤣

6/01/2021 6:06 pm  #8

Having taken over a floundering basketball program and gone 65-47 in the first 4 years, KD needs no apologist. With a possible best year looming on the horizon, I see a great future for our Dukes. Personally, I couldn't be happier with the progress of the program even with a few bumps in the road such as COVID and a few disgruntled players. KD has earned every penny that DU has paid him to date IMO. Just sayin'.

Last edited by El Presidente (6/01/2021 6:07 pm)

Board footera