Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

6/10/2021 8:16 am  #1

Toby Okani Interview

The Toby Interview starts at the 15:35 mark.  I really believe Toby is going to explode this season. 

Ep. 121 How Dominating Has Ohtani Been? and Special Guest Duquesne MBB Player Toby Okani (buzzsprout.com)

6/10/2021 8:29 am  #2

Re: Toby Okani Interview

CLK wrote:

The Toby Interview starts at the 15:35 mark.  I really believe Toby is going to explode this season. 

Ep. 121 How Dominating Has Ohtani Been? and Special Guest Duquesne MBB Player Toby Okani (buzzsprout.com)

Great find CLK!

I looked into this podcast a little.  Apparently, the host went to Chatham College and played basketball there.  I was curious how Toby showed up on a seemingly national podcast.  I will write to this guy and request he gets as many DU athletes as he can on the show.

6/10/2021 8:42 am  #3

CLK wrote:

I hope you are right CLK.  I see Okani as that hard worker, gym rat, coachable kind of player that will start because he is a tenacious defender and makes very few mistakes.  Every team needs a player like that.  That's not selling him short in my opinion.  That is meant to be a compliment.  Maybe I am wrong and he becomes a go-to scorer but I see the Dukes as having plenty of other scoring options.  Toby has a year of KD's defensive system under his belt which puts him ahead of almost every other player on the team. From the sound of that interview, he has a good head on his shoulders and should be a leader for the new guys to follow.

6/10/2021 11:06 am  #4

He is very articulate,smart young man.I am really excited to watch the Dukes starting in November.

6/10/2021 11:30 am  #5

Styles1229 wrote:

CLK wrote:

I hope you are right CLK.  I see Okani as that hard worker, gym rat, coachable kind of player that will start because he is a tenacious defender and makes very few mistakes.  Every team needs a player like that.  That's not selling him short in my opinion.  That is meant to be a compliment.  Maybe I am wrong and he becomes a go-to scorer but I see the Dukes as having plenty of other scoring options.  Toby has a year of KD's defensive system under his belt which puts him ahead of almost every other player on the team. From the sound of that interview, he has a good head on his shoulders and should be a leader for the new guys to follow.

Styles I agree.  I think he will be our starting SF.  Okani is a tuff kid who defends very well, and shown he can drive the ball and take it to the hoop strong. I see Okani eventually being a better version of Cao from Richmond.  He needs to work on his three point shot but the kid has all the tools to be very successful.  

6/10/2021 11:34 am  #6

Ashton Gibbs name came up several times in the interview with Toby.  I wonder who will fill the role of Gibbs in recruiting the East Coast now that he has moved-on to a Prep Head Coaching job?.  

6/10/2021 3:22 pm  #7

Very articulate young man. His future is very bright. CLK  you are the best. Never leave this board my friend. Thank you for the updates. Go Dukes....

6/10/2021 8:24 pm  #8

Thanks for the update CLK. You are so on top of things and it's much appreciated. I also expect big things from Toby this year. His ceiling is very high in my opinion.

6/10/2021 10:47 pm  #9

Agree with all the above. TO will be an outstanding player for us for the next 4 years. Count on it.

6/11/2021 9:39 am  #10

Great find CLK! Thank you!

WE ARE CREEPING UP TO THE SECOND FLOOR....

6/15/2021 7:42 am  #11

6/15/2021 8:22 am  #12

Wow! Thanks Phoenix. This kid is a amazing. Just got a feeling he is going to be great.

6/15/2021 11:49 am  #13

That is as far as I have ever seen anyone get their head above the rim. WOW!!!!!!

6/15/2021 11:58 am  #14

I figure this kid could touch the ceiling of the Van Brahm.

6/15/2021 12:45 pm  #15

He reminds me of Scottie Pippen, they long body, the way he moved up and down the court, the defense, the all around game, pts, rebs, ast, steals.    There is some real potential there.   

6/15/2021 1:09 pm  #16

I honestly believe that TO is as talented a player as the Dukes have. Just a matter of time before he is the best player on the court including any player on the opposing team!

6/15/2021 4:51 pm  #17

OMG wow factor. Now this season this board should tear him down & remain very critical so he doesn’t go pro. 😂👏🏽👌🙏 Good job coach Dambrots staff for finding this kid. Good stuff

Board footera