Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

6/11/2021 10:30 am  #1

Anticipation

It's a lazy Friday in Pittsburgh and I'm working from home so my thoughts inevitably turn toward the upcoming season.  I have reserved my season tickets and am finding it hard to control my anticipation for seeing the boys take the court at the Coop in all its virginal glory.  I liken it to the smell of take-out Chinese food.  Once the aroma fills your car it's hard not to rip that bag open and dig in.  I want to rip open the metaphorical bag of the 2021/22 season and devour it.  I have made my leap of faith as I do every year and have convinced myself this is an A-10 Championship team.  I think we have reached the point where the A-10 doesn't have the Dukes to kick around anymore - and that's saying something.  KD is fired up.  He knows the lay of the A-10 land by now and I think he knows how to master it.  He's won championships before.  He knows what it takes.  He's not going to make the same mistakes twice.  There is no juggernaut that the Dukes can't compete with.  Every time they take the floor they can expect to win.  They will have a home crowd in their ears energizing them like never before.  When they get on a roll it will be the hottest ticket in town.  I can see it so clearly right now.  Drink the Kool-Aid my friends.  Why not?  As the misunderstood poet, Yoko Ono, once said, "A dream you dream alone is only a dream. A dream you dream together is reality. "  The Dukes cutting down the nets in Brooklyn.  Let us dream this beautiful dream together!!    

Last edited by Styles1229 (6/11/2021 10:31 am)

6/11/2021 11:55 am  #2

Re: Anticipation

Stylishly done!  Nice touch quoting Yoko!

6/11/2021 1:08 pm  #3

Re: Anticipation

levon1975 wrote:

Stylishly done!  Nice touch quoting Yoko!

Her quoting beats the heck out of her singing.

Board footera