Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

6/30/2021 8:34 pm  #51

Re: Jett Roesing Transfers

Relax guys. Not opening any book or focusing on anything.  Just sharing information on where the kid landed.  You guys may not be interested but maybe others may might be.

6/30/2021 9:48 pm  #52

CLK wrote:

Relax guys. Not opening any book or focusing on anything.  Just sharing information on where the kid landed.  You guys may not be interested but maybe others may might be.

Nothing wrong with a little info especially when nothing much is happening.

7/01/2021 12:15 pm  #53

Speaking of nothing much happening, when is the summer practice session and how long?
Anyone know?

7/04/2021 12:40 am  #54

Can’t say I understand the pushback, this is good information. For all the noise that was coming out of his camp after transferring, and some of the names that were being bandied as options, it’s clear that was an effort on his part to “upsell” himself in his recruiting process. Rider is worse than the names that I initially heard, and they were still mostly downward moves.

This also validates Keith’s decision to not play him and ultimately let him walk last year to me. Clearly based on that sample size and where he ended up, the kid ended up being nowhere near A10 caliber, despite what some were hoping. The recruiting process is a cut-throat business, and it is only becoming more so that way under this new model. Hopefully it works out the best for all involved, but to me this shows no one else thought he could cut it at this level either. He is now playing in one of the lowest ranked D1 conferences out there.

Dambrot’s depth of quality in recruiting classes and especially retention of key talent has frankly been pretty poor to this point, and that does need to change. All the success he has had here has had more to do with his coaching than his ability to acquire talent to this point IMO. He is an incredible basketball coach, and I blame DUs profile more than his ability to recruit for some of the shortcomings in this area to date. I personally think the new facility is going to go a long long way with recruiting, and a successful season this year could catapult us into league favorite status next year. We are slowly moving in the right direction but it’s tough when we have essentially been a sinking ship for the past 40 years. It does feel like that is starting time change though.

“There’s something happening here, what it is, ain’t exactly clear”.

Again, time will tell.

7/04/2021 5:56 pm  #55

Duques102 wrote:

Can’t say I understand the pushback, this is good information. For all the noise that was coming out of his camp after transferring, and some of the names that were being bandied as options, it’s clear that was an effort on his part to “upsell” himself in his recruiting process. Rider is worse than the names that I initially heard, and they were still mostly downward moves.

This also validates Keith’s decision to not play him and ultimately let him walk last year to me. Clearly based on that sample size and where he ended up, the kid ended up being nowhere near A10 caliber, despite what some were hoping. The recruiting process is a cut-throat business, and it is only becoming more so that way under this new model. Hopefully it works out the best for all involved, but to me this shows no one else thought he could cut it at this level either. He is now playing in one of the lowest ranked D1 conferences out there.

Dambrot’s depth of quality in recruiting classes and especially retention of key talent has frankly been pretty poor to this point, and that does need to change. All the success he has had here has had more to do with his coaching than his ability to acquire talent to this point IMO. He is an incredible basketball coach, and I blame DUs profile more than his ability to recruit for some of the shortcomings in this area to date. I personally think the new facility is going to go a long long way with recruiting, and a successful season this year could catapult us into league favorite status next year. We are slowly moving in the right direction but it’s tough when we have essentially been a sinking ship for the past 40 years. It does feel like that is starting time change though.

Again, time will tell.

Really like this post. Roessing found a place where he can get quality playing time right off the get go and i wish him the best of luck. Think many of us are underestimating the talent level Dambrot has brought in per the transfer portal as well as the incoming frosh. Think this could be a special year.

7/05/2021 7:39 am  #56

Rayrich wrote:

Duques102 wrote:

Again, time will tell.

Really like this post. Roessing found a place where he can get quality playing time right off the get go and i wish him the best of luck. Think many of us are underestimating the talent level Dambrot has brought in per the transfer portal as well as the incoming frosh. Think this could be a special year.

Good post, Duques102 ... I agree with all of it. There are a lot of good basketball players out there, but you can't compete for a championship in a big-time conference with good players. You can have some and you better have some, but you need a bunch of great players to lead the way.

Board footera