Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

8/10/2021 1:26 pm  #1

New Look Rotroff

I did not recognize Austin Rotroff at first glance.  He looks a lot more slimmer and muscular

Duquesne Basketball on Twitter: "Happy Birthday @austinrotroff! #GoDukes https://t.co/4Ai3FA5pfO" / Twitter

8/10/2021 3:00 pm  #2

Re: New Look Rotroff

Spent a few minutes with Austin Rotroff and Mounir Hima at the 'open house' last week.  They were very outgoing and proud of their new facility and it was obvious (also from the twitter acct) that Austin had been working out in the new weight room.  Would say the same for Hima.  If both can harness their added strength to boxing out, rebounding, blocking shots and positioning to score -- then i think these youngsters could be a big plus.

8/10/2021 5:37 pm  #3

Looks good thanks to the weight room. I only hope he plays like Bill Laimbeer. If you foul a 4 or 5 hard in order to prevent an easy layup what’s the downside? Generally bigs foul shooting percentage   55- 65%. It’s not like Austin is a shot blocker. I like this kid but if he plays soft I suspect Pistol Pete will be firing his gun. Play like Laimbeer or the Nelson twins. No uncontested layups on his watch. Go Dukes.

8/10/2021 11:29 pm  #4

Good one Iron Duke!!!  LOL

8/11/2021 8:39 am  #5

I'd be happy with "play like Fred Moon"

Board footera