Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

7/18/2021 9:45 am  #2

Re: Natalija Sekulovska 6'1" Center From North Macedonia Commits

Thanks for sharing CLK --

INTERESTING note about her --  On THIS link her position was listed as a CENTER -- on the Web Site that tracks signings/committments (where she appeared last year) lists her as a GUARD --  at DU she will probably switch back between the two forward positions.

8/11/2021 9:27 am  #3

8/11/2021 9:49 am  #4

The roster of the team for 21-22 sure remains a mystery.   Other than Tess Myers, Megan McConnell, the women from Xavier, Olivia Westphal, Precious Johnson and this recruit, it’s impossible to predict the remainder. 

I know Langley and Linard left.

Last edited by A83 (8/11/2021 9:50 am)

8/11/2021 11:16 am  #5

At the open house, I am pretty sure that I saw Snezhana Serafimoska and Amaya Hamilton in the building as well. I got a chance to speak to Coach Abel and she mentioned a transfer from Western Kentucky that will be joining the team, as she is an athletic forward who is coming in as a grad transfer, presumably using this as her covid exemption.  Scanning the roster for Western Kentucky's team last year, it would appear this may be the player: Fatou Pouye.  https://wkusports.com/sports/womens-basketball/roster/fatou-pouye/2441.  If true, she is going to be a good addition to the front line. 

If I'm not mistaken, we have 2 scholarships to give for next year, and one of them is already taken.  Reilly Sunday will be a senior at Moon and this year and Coach Abel said she is expected to be healthy and play her final year before coming to Duquesne.  She missed last year with a torn ACl.  Crossing fingers we are able to get another player close to Moon high school that we are going after, Corynne Hauser from Rochester, who has offers from most of the other A10 schools.  

Last edited by DU90 (8/11/2021 11:17 am)

8/11/2021 11:30 am  #6

I like the pick up of Sekulvska, who in my estimation is a point forward, definitely has guard skills.  Good handle and has a nice running hook shot around the rim which is something that American players don't use very often.  I would like to see our players use that more often then driving all the way in and getting the layup blocked as we have seen in the past.  Don't get me wrong, I like going strong to the hoop, but missed layups and or blocked shots is a big thing in all of women's basketball, not just at Duquesne.  A running hook shot like Sekulvska displays in the video above will be a nice weapon in the paint.  

Also, there is a nice highlight around the 3 minute mark where Sekulvska is defending against the break and while in the paint, is able to reach in and strip the opposing player who was driving for a layup, then gets the ball and leads the break the other way.  That is the type of play that you only see made at the highest levels of women's DI basketball, especially from a player of her size.  That is why I say she will be a point-forward, with a good handle to help against the press, getting the ball upcourt.

8/11/2021 12:19 pm  #7

Corynne Hauser and Reilly Sunday would be a strong backcourt for the future. Hauser is a winner. I believe that Laia Sole, Halle Bovell will be grad students. Aniya Walker will return off an injury. Amanda Kalin should be ready to go sometime during the year after her injury. And, Libby Bazelak also should be 100% after her injury. If everyone is healthy, could be a very good team.

8/11/2021 12:22 pm  #8

From the rugged schoolyards of North Macedonia that hotbed of basketball recruiting Dan finds Natalija Sekulovska.  I wasn't too excited at the initial announcement which listed her as a 6'1" Center;  but I like the follow-up reports that she has guard skills and will most likely not be expected to play with her back to the basket at 6'1".  Can we hope for another Korie Hlede?

8/11/2021 6:51 pm  #9

levon1975 wrote:

From the rugged schoolyards of North Macedonia that hotbed of basketball recruiting Dan finds Natalija Sekulovska.  I wasn't too excited at the initial announcement which listed her as a 6'1" Center;  but I like the follow-up reports that she has guard skills and will most likely not be expected to play with her back to the basket at 6'1".  Can we hope for another Korie Hlede?

Only one Korie Hlede.

8/11/2021 6:59 pm  #10

Diamond Bragg who started in the back court with Libby being limited at the start and Amanda going down is also on the roster.

8/13/2021 9:37 am  #11

Snezhana Serafimoska(had to copy and paste that name), what are the expectations for her this year?

She still has 4 years left, correct?   

8/13/2021 5:27 pm  #12

WashPaRick wrote:

levon1975 wrote:

Only one Korie Hlede.

Of course! Tongue was firmly planted in cheek; we won't likely ever see another like Korie coming to the U.S to play college ball.  She would probably sign with a pro team in Europe before she got off the Continent! 

Board footera