Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

9/01/2021 1:01 pm  #1

9/01/2021 8:42 pm  #2

Re: So.... You want to be the Dukes' Pep Band Director?

Don’t we have a music school?  Most high schools have a real band.

Last edited by coffee (9/01/2021 8:42 pm)

COFFEE
http://duquesnesports.blogspot.com/
Attitude is everything

9/02/2021 9:19 am  #3

they need new.   New music and coordination.   Cant have some 2 bit band in the new arena.   Time to catch up to the 21st century.    And more drums!   Less brass.

9/02/2021 5:01 pm  #4

Okay I don’t want to be that person but I will.  Surely they knew they needed a new pep leader before September.    So who is going to recruit kids to play in the band now.    Sometimes I just shake my head at this school.  Home Football season starts in a couple of weeks.   It’s not like you can actually hear them playing at football. 

Looking at the job requirements it’s a part time position that surely could have been filled in May or June.   And when has that band ever had 50-75 members.  Not since they axed the marching band.

Going back to a discussion of 15 years ago.  Axing that marching band was plain silly.

Last edited by A83 (9/02/2021 5:43 pm)

9/02/2021 5:03 pm  #5

townsonkid wrote:

they need new.   New music and coordination.   Cant have some 2 bit band in the new arena.   Time to catch up to the 21st century.    And more drums!   Less brass.

Oh I can’t agree more.

9/03/2021 6:28 pm  #6

A83 wrote:

Okay I don’t want to be that person but I will.  Surely they knew they needed a new pep leader before September.    So who is going to recruit kids to play in the band now.    Sometimes I just shake my head at this school.  Home Football season starts in a couple of weeks.   It’s not like you can actually hear them playing at football. 

Looking at the job requirements it’s a part time position that surely could have been filled in May or June.   And when has that band ever had 50-75 members.  Not since they axed the marching band.

Going back to a discussion of 15 years ago.  Axing that marching band was plain silly.

YEP!

COFFEE
http://duquesnesports.blogspot.com/
Attitude is everything

9/03/2021 10:52 pm  #7

Agree with both you guys and it was nice having the marching band at the football games.I like the pep band but doesn't work well for football

Board footera