Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

9/12/2019 8:04 pm  #1

Corynne Hauser - 2022 Offer

https://pittsburghsportsnow.com/2019/09/12/psn-daily-notebook-september-12/

Point guard from WPIAL Champs - Rochester High School. Will be a sophomore this year.

https://www.hudl.com/video/3/12027473/5cbbafe515f67311b47560c8

Last edited by HookShot (9/12/2019 8:05 pm)

9/13/2019 11:55 am  #2

Re: Corynne Hauser - 2022 Offer

Thanks for the link.  I know it's a highlight video, but she is really advanced for a rising Soph!.  Sure, the competition may not be the greatest at that level, but I am really impressed with Corynne.  Definitely a great offer by Dan.  I'll try to get out to see her in the upcoming season.  

9/13/2019 12:24 pm  #3

She reminds me a lot of Brooke LeMar (former North Dakota State all-conference, now playing pro ball overseas- handles the ball well, crafty moves, looks for open players, knows when to drive and when to pull up (extremely important skill set, moving forward; and nice range on her shot. What I like most?  No excess dribbling.

There is a little bit of a young April Robinson in her game as well; especially on defense..

Yes, the competition doesn't seem to be the greatest, but like her potential.

10/21/2020 2:14 pm  #4

I was able to find her highlights from last season (Sophomore year: 2019-2020)
http://www.hudl.com/video/3/12027473/5e729bd74205f80c84bb54ba

She earned All-State honors.

The competition this Rochester team played last year was very impressive.  Can see why they were WPIAL champs again.  They beat:
6A- Erie McDowell
5A- Mars, Hampton
4A- Blackhawk, New Castle
3A- Ellwood City
2A- West Middlesex, Laurel

I had the opportunity to see this team play at a state playoff game at Sewickley Academy before the Sto-Rox boys game.  She's a dynamic/athletic player, I can see her being a potential combo guard as she can run the point and has the ability to score.  

10/25/2020 12:13 pm  #5

Thanks for the post and link  “Dukesonly”.  I know it’s a highlight video but She plays under control and seems to have great instinct for the game.  She is very impressive; but clearly a “team” player. 
That’s an impressive list of big school victims from last season.  It’s good that their coach and AD know they have a talented team and are willing to challenge the best teams in the District!
I

10/26/2020 1:31 pm  #6

I agree with your assessment "levon1975".  Very instinctive as if the game just comes naturally to her and definitely a team player first.  Also, agree with how you said it's good that their coach plays up to challenge their team against the best.  The only way to get better!

With all of the local offers from the district, it's exciting to see how these potential recruits pan out. 

9/10/2021 9:21 pm  #7

Unfortunately Hauser has committed to Kent State.

Board footera