Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

9/13/2021 3:20 pm  #1

9/13/2021 7:40 pm  #2

Re: Dukes Schedule and Roster - Official Links

Thanks for posting Phoenix and I am excited about this roster and we are young too overall! I was talking with Coach Henderson at TCU and he thinks that they are going to be a good group to work with!  Excited about the Coop and I think we are going to be near the top of the A10 and maybe a little early for our win predictions as I don't know on some of the OOC games but I like more Ws than last year in A10

9/14/2021 10:43 am  #3

I am really excited about this team.  When you look at the resumes of the players it sure looks like their is a lot of talent on this team, and I can understand why Dambrot might call it his best team at DU. I think coach has definitely improve our ability to score. Based on the shooting percentages we will have plenty of scoring options and more consistent scorers.  Of course this is a brand new team, and will be a test of Dambrot's ability to mold the team chemistry together quickly, and how quickly the team can play the KD suffocating style of defense.  I think coach and staff worked hard over the summer, and that this team will surprise a lot of people.  

9/14/2021 12:39 pm  #4

CLK exactly on finding the chemistry or molding of roles is KD s challenge but I believe him when he says this is his best team  and I interpret that as most talented players and in depth .

9/14/2021 3:55 pm  #5

Has anyone seen these guys play in pickups or whatever?  Any first hand thoughts?  I’m over by the pacific and over the hill.

9/14/2021 5:20 pm  #6

Judge Jack McVay Jr wrote:

CLK exactly on finding the chemistry or molding of roles is KD s challenge but I believe him when he says this is his best team and I interpret that as most talented players and in depth .

Jack you would appreciate this observation. First and foremost I know this board is about basketball. But the Dukes football team going on the road & beating Ohio U a MAC school with half the scholarships is huge. My point is about LEADERSHIP. The Prez & the AD.👍👍👍 Think about the payout from TCU & OHIO WHICH IS CLOSE TO ONE MILLION DOLLARS …Dr. Evil😂. The football program is not a financial drain on the University. This win gets me to believe that before I go to the gates of St Peter’s that the men’s basketball team can get a NCAA bid. After all have we loyal Duquesne basketball fans been living in purgatory for the last 40 years. Yes the pressure has been increased on Coach Dambrot but I believe in this team & staff. Can you imagine Chuck D & the Quinipiac Clown running this show. I can firmly believe  in the rise of Duquesne nation.

9/14/2021 5:42 pm  #7

Mike Ignelsi wrote:

Has anyone seen these guys play in pickups or whatever? Any first hand thoughts? I’m over by the pacific and over the hill.

I'll be seeing Slick and some of the other former players at homecoming in a couple of weeks.  I'll be asking the same and will pass along what I hear.  I'm hopeful that some of the local guys will have had a chance see what these kids can do.

9/14/2021 8:59 pm  #8

Iron Duke 81 Agree as I am a big  KD fan and believe he will get these guys gelling by A10 time! I think our AD gets it on all fronts too! I have posted a lot on the football side on this and think that we have the right leadership 👏 hope that you are well and see you at homecoming thanks

9/26/2021 10:22 am  #9

Mike Ignelsi wrote:

Has anyone seen these guys play in pickups or whatever? Any first hand thoughts? I’m over by the pacific and over the hill.

I spoke with a bunch of former players over the weekend and none of them have been to practice to see the team so no further insight.  At least a dozen of us got together for drinks on Saturday night after the homecoming festivities including Slick, The Pan, Scoonie, Espo and more and we had a great time.  I was drinking G&Ts in honor of the Van Braam.  

Last edited by VBC (10/02/2021 12:05 pm)

10/06/2021 3:50 pm  #10

Jeez, VBC, how did I miss your post?  Great pictures.  Norm plays piano?  I had one at my house in Crafton, he never touched it.  And look at Jack Piet!   Damn, you miss everything living in Los Angeles.  Thanks.

10/06/2021 7:40 pm  #11

For us ( somewhat) younger posters, could somebody please label the gents in this photo?

10/07/2021 7:31 am  #12

phil95 wrote:

For us ( somewhat) younger posters, could somebody please label the gents in this photo?

Standing (l to r) Fred Moon, B.B, Flenory, John Moore, Rich Esposito, Jack Piet
Kneeling (l to r) Norm Nixon, Joe Kane

10/07/2021 7:40 am  #13

Mike Ignelsi wrote:

Jeez, VBC, how did I miss your post? Great pictures. Norm plays piano? I had one at my house in Crafton, he never touched it. And look at Jack Piet! Damn, you miss everything living in Los Angeles. Thanks.

Here's another DU celebrity from back in the day in this photo, Roxanne Watson. 
Read about my dear friend Roxy here.  If you're not already an organ donor please sign up now as today is National Organ Donor Enrollment Day and she is hoping to sign up her 12,000th donor today.  She was a cheerleader in the 70s and is the former wife of the Train, Lionel Billingy.
https://transplants.org/roxanne_watson/
https://www.donatelife.net/register/

Last edited by VBC (10/07/2021 7:42 am)

10/07/2021 2:05 pm  #14

Thanks for sharing VBC and I hope you guys had a great time. Espo never ages and Jacky P is the best! I have told this story before but I Norman carried me in the summer of 75 in general chemistry as my lab partner. Thanks Slick and sorry I missed you this trip

10/07/2021 2:43 pm  #15

Roxy did sign up her 12,000th donor earlier today.

10/07/2021 2:52 pm  #16

Remember Roxy very well - and her husband.  We had a Supplicators picnic in North Park where Lionel almost had a nervous breakdown.   From Bed-sty in NYC, he had never seen so many trees.  Was certain he was going to be eaten by a bear.

10/07/2021 5:21 pm  #17

Thank you for posting. On the human scale, Roxy’s needle is pointing directly to Fantastic.

Last edited by A83 (10/07/2021 5:22 pm)

Board footera