Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

9/26/2021 8:35 am  #1

Merrimack game may be for the championship this week

Merrimack is BY FAR the most impressive NEC opponent so far this year.  They whipped Holy Cross and Delaware St. among others and almost beat Maine.  Holy Cross beat FBS UConn.

Last edited by coffee (9/26/2021 9:09 am)

COFFEE
http://duquesnesports.blogspot.com/
Attitude is everything

9/26/2021 5:27 pm  #2

Re: Merrimack game may be for the championship this week

Agree with you coffee and I think Chestnut out for season from sacred heart so this is a big one!

9/27/2021 9:01 am  #3

It does not matter.  Merrimack is ineligible for the title and bid until 2023.  So there would be no head to head tiebreaker with them.

Last edited by A83 (9/27/2021 9:35 am)

9/27/2021 5:16 pm  #4

Thanks for sharing this A83 and I didn't know that! Does change how I look at the game then in terms of conference significance! Obviously we will want to win it and they did beat holy cross who I think beat Army if I am not mistaken but definitely change conference perspective! Thanks for sharing

9/28/2021 3:15 am  #5

Does this still count as a conference win or loss?

COFFEE
http://duquesnesports.blogspot.com/
Attitude is everything

9/28/2021 7:06 am  #6

Yes it does count in conference standings because they are playing full conference schedule.  But they can’t get the auto bid.  So if DU ends up tied with them for first at end of season, DU would get the auto bid even if they Lise on Saturday.

9/28/2021 7:08 am  #7

Judge Jack McVay Jr wrote:

Thanks for sharing this A83 and I didn't know that! Does change how I look at the game then in terms of conference significance! Obviously we will want to win it and they did beat holy cross who I think beat Army if I am not mistaken but definitely change conference perspective! Thanks for sharing

It counts in conference standings but the game is less important because they can’t get auto bid.

9/28/2021 1:42 pm  #8

It should still be a conference W or L.   And if they are any good, would want that W, maybe they beat another team in the hunt for the bid.    Right?
Regardless, win them all.   

9/28/2021 1:56 pm  #9

townsonkid wrote:

It should still be a conference W or L.   And if they are any good, would want that W, maybe they beat another team in the hunt for the bid.    Right?
Regardless, win them all.   

I think wanting to win is rather obvious.  I said twice it counts in conference standings.  The thread title said it may be for the championship.   Since Merrimack can’t play for the championship, it won’t be. 

The NEC almost always comes down to a two team tie for first with the head to head winner taking the auto bid. That can’t happen if one of the teams is Merrimack.

Board footera