Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

10/21/2021 10:12 pm  #1

Frustrated by injuries

Stopped by the Coop to see the 2021-22 squad including the new recruits in what loosely could be called a scrimmage,  they did put on a shooting & 'dunking show' for the folks attending-- which still is in need of improvement.  Sure there was lots to like as there appears to be more athleticism on the team.  However the same old frustration that seems to arise every year, once again is evident.   Not only did we see Austin Rotroff in a boot but the other big 5th year graduate  Rodney Gunn that was supposed to immensely help the team in the paint -- SURPRISE -- was in a boot as well.  So what is this all about?  Is he out now - until next year as well?   

10/22/2021 5:53 am  #2

Re: Frustrated by injuries

Yes, Gunn in a boot was disappointing.  I'm not sure how PSN concluded that "it did not seem serious". TBD.  Not a serious scrimmage, no defense at all.  Johnson hit several 3's from well beyond the arc. Hard to conclude anything, but I thought Hima ran the floor well and I think Okani is going to breakout.

https://pittsburghsportsnow.com/2021/10/21/news-and-notes-from-duquesnes-season-opening-scrimmage/

Last edited by wharfrat58 (10/22/2021 5:54 am)

Board footera