Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

10/22/2021 10:26 am  #1

Scrimmage

I just thought I'd post a new thread on the scrimmage, which was almost painful to watch, not because of the ability of the players; but due to the numbers on the sidelines.   It was pretty clear that everyone had orders not to get hurt, and were going at about 20-30% normal speed; but I can certainly understand the hesitancy with as many players injured in sweats, casts, boots as were in shorts.  This is seemingly an annual occurrence and is becoming a very painful ritual with the women's team.  At this rate, they will be playing with walk-ons and team managers very soon.  My understanding is that some of the injured are already lost for the season or longer; but hopefully some will be able to play at some point in 2022. Dan has to be wondering what he did to deserve this kind of luck; but it has to end sometime!

10/24/2021 7:44 am  #2

Re: Scrimmage

Thanks for sharing Levon

To elaborate on the more serious injuries:

Lauren Wasylson was wearing a bulky knee brace --

Olivia Westphal was on a scooter and had a plaster cast on her ankle.

Am presuming that some of the players who were in sweats could have participated if it was a regular game - still discouraging with this many problems before the season starts.

Board footera