Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

11/02/2021 6:26 pm  #1

11/04/2021 9:27 am  #3

Re: Grand Opening Promotions & Information

IMHO these "promotions" need help..ย  If they are really trying to attract students, please arrange for gift card giveaways for Starbucks, Food Credits, or to whatever private food facilities are on campus, or nearby.ย  Perhaps gift cards for clothing at the bookstore; or official Dukes clothing;ย  and then put signs up all over campus advertising the giveaways.ย  It doesnn't take that much thought ladies and gents!

11/04/2021 1:56 pm  #5

Moderators:

If they wanted to, would university personnel be permitted to post these daily deals & other similar promotions on this forum themselves?

11/04/2021 2:18 pm  #6

If they signed up to post on this board, and it was from Duquesne University Athletics only, and not a private company, possibly. ย But CLK is doing a great job of posting the information.

11/04/2021 3:45 pm  #7

Phil they certainly would be permitted to post on this Board, however, for a number of reasons I can understand why they would not want to post here.

11/04/2021 4:19 pm  #8

CLK wrote:

I can understand why they would not want to post here.

Me too!!!
ย 

11/04/2021 5:16 pm  #9

Do students have to pay for tickets?  Iโ€™ve been gone long, but  back then, tickets were part of tuition. If so, no wonder kids donโ€™t show.  Ten bucks to sit in the end zone!

11/04/2021 5:37 pm  #10

Mike Ignelsi wrote:

Do students have to pay for tickets? Iโ€™ve been gone long, but back then, tickets were part of tuition. If so, no wonder kids donโ€™t show. Ten bucks to sit in the end zone!

No, tickets are still part of the deal.
ย 

11/07/2021 2:48 am  #12

I see that face masks are required unless eating.ย 

11/07/2021 12:56 pm  #13

Hope they have a supply of free masks; Iโ€™m sure people will forget.  Perhaps a Dukes face mask giveaway!

11/08/2021 8:44 am  #15

ย 

11/09/2021 6:37 pm  #16

I heard the mini basketball that were to be given out tonight - did not arrive in time.   SMH

11/09/2021 9:06 pm  #17

DA3 wrote:

I heard the mini basketball that were to be given out tonight - did not arrive in time.   SMH

This quote is Duquesne athletics in a nutshell.

11/10/2021 8:20 am  #18

I also paid for parking passes that didn't arrive. ย I mean really, how far in advance did they know when the first game was!!!!!!!!!

11/10/2021 9:01 am  #19

Wake the hell up Duquesne,waited a long time to get out of garage on Forbes Avenue after game.Why not
just pay the 10 dollars when arriving and open the gates so people can get home quickly.Just another
lack of attention to messing up the total fan experience.Lazy and thoughtless by Duquesne.

11/10/2021 9:08 am  #20

Where the heck were the mini basketballs that were to be given away?I asked a couple of workers at gate
area and they acted likeย  I was crazy. So same old Duquesne,sloppy ,lack of attention to details,lazy and
uninformed staff.Dont promise promotions if you cant deliver.Athletic dept-pathetic

11/10/2021 9:20 am  #21

Dont promise promotions like the basketballs unless you can fulfill your promises.Its just laziness and being
a derelict by the goofs who work in athletic dept. Wake up Duquesne.

11/10/2021 9:49 am  #22

They are sending the balls out via the US mail I guess, they made an announcement during the game.ย  ย That was a big mistake tho.ย  ย Now they gotta pay for shipping on 1500 balls now.ย  ย :-)

The Coop is really nice, I like being able to walk around and see the court at the same time.ย  ย The openness is really cool.ย  ย Its so fresh and clean looking, not like a prison anymore!!!ย  ย I wish there was some concession stand in the corner of Forbes Ave and student section, even just a drink stand, cokes and beers.ย  ย But thats minor, i guess for a 3500 seat arena you dont NEED that much concessions

Student section was awesome.ย  ย I hope it continues, it made a difference.ย  ย 

The worst part of the night was getting out of that damn parking garage.ย  ย Always has been, and seems it always will be.ย  ย Anyone know the price of parking at Mercy hospital?

11/10/2021 10:06 am  #23

agree - the Forbes garage took forever to leave.ย  I was also wondering about Mercy pricing if anyone knows.

11/10/2021 10:13 am  #24

The Coop is a very nice arena for basketball, the team didn't disappoint, and the students were outstanding; but the festivities honoring Chuck Cooper were a little disappointing.ย  The video was good, but things lacked organization, and again, the sound system was below par,. It was very disappointing after the ridiculous sound system at Palumbo, I thought they would spend some money on an upgraded sound system; but it is still not very good.ย ย 

11/10/2021 10:39 am  #25

Bsduq: ย The downside of having a nice crowd is slowness in the garage. ย It's like that after home hockey games, and any other large venues nearby. ย As far as the Mercy Garage, I parked there a few years ago and it was actually cheaper and you got out quicker. ย I don't know what it is now.

Board footera