Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

11/06/2021 2:50 pm  #1

DUKES WIN ON LONG ISLAND!

Our Dukes got a good win today after a slow start and coming from down 14 to 3! The Dukes showed a lot of character and came back by making the adjustments on defense and using a lot of Billy Lucas in the second half.  This team has battled injuries and came up big in the second half and flipped the script from the Sacred Heart and St Francis games. Big sacks from Dline and freshman Kersinger in the clutch and Lucas over 100 yards. Perrantes spread the ball around to all the receivers too and a lot to be proud of today with the team. Senior day next week with rival Central at Rooney with a noon kick! Go Dukes

11/06/2021 4:33 pm  #2

Re: DUKES WIN ON LONG ISLAND!

Sacred Heart is the only team at 4-1.   Is there still a chance?

COFFEE
http://duquesnesports.blogspot.com/
Attitude is everything

11/06/2021 7:04 pm  #3

Hey coffee, I guess  the Dukes have a mathematical chance but I don't see Sacred Heart losing to LIU and Wagner to give them 3 loses. I think Chestnut is back too for the Pios and while we hopefully will win out it is highly unlikely

Last edited by Judge Jack McVay Jr (11/06/2021 7:05 pm)

11/07/2021 8:31 pm  #4

It seems unlikely Sacred Heart will lose either of their remaining games, but as far as I can tell we could win the conference if they only lose one. Obviously we need to win out. That would get us to 5-2 in conference. SHU losing one would put them at 5-2 as well. We need Bryant to win out, which is likely, to also get to 5-2. If we win out we’d give CCSU their third lose. Then we need St. Francis to lose another. CCSU seems most likely, but it doesn’t matter who, just that they pick up a third loss.

That would leave us, Sacred Heart, and Bryant in a three way tie at 5-2. The first tiebreaker is of course record against tied teams. We’d all be 1-1. So it would go to the second tiebreaker. As far as I can tell that is overall record.  At that point Sacred Heart and Bryant would both be 7-4, but we’d be 7-3. Therefore we would win the conference and head to the playoffs again. It’s a long shot, but this time of the season that’s what being a fan is all about.

11/11/2021 10:31 am  #5

Nice rundown lucky-  thanks!

COFFEE
http://duquesnesports.blogspot.com/
Attitude is everything

11/11/2021 10:58 am  #6

Agree with you Coffee thanks for the update

Board footera