Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

11/09/2021 1:35 pm  #1

No media coverage prior to Dukes season opener

The PG of course had a story on Pitt for tonight’s home opener. Zero mention of the Dukes home opener. Nothing on the Trib as well. Since I suspect Tim Benz will be on the espn+ broadcast tonight hopefully he also contributes a sentence or two on the Trib website tomorrow. If one  of the current players on this roster can get arrested on the SouthSide, charged with public intoxication and assault a Pgh Police officer maybe the  Dukes would  get a mention in the PG sports section.

11/09/2021 2:26 pm  #2

Re: No media coverage prior to Dukes season opener

Ironduke81 wrote:

The PG of course had a story on Pitt for tonight’s home opener. Zero mention of the Dukes home opener. Nothing on the Trib as well. Since I suspect Tim Benz will be on the espn+ broadcast tonight hopefully he also contributes a sentence or two on the Trib website tomorrow. If one of the current players on this roster can get arrested on the SouthSide, charged with public intoxication and assault a Pgh Police officer maybe the Dukes would get a mention in the PG sports section.

Perfectly stated.  well done Ironduke

11/09/2021 2:38 pm  #3

Yah, that ticks me off too!!!  Especially with it being the new field house for the new season.   

11/09/2021 3:30 pm  #4

Quick Q:   Where are the entrances now?   Are there any along Forbes Ave?   

11/09/2021 3:45 pm  #5

Zach Weiss for Pittsburgh Sports Now did a story about tonight's game.

11/10/2021 2:40 pm  #6

KDKA TV news last night- The Pomp - Steelers, Penguins, Pitt loss, not a word about the Dukes win.

11/11/2021 8:24 am  #7

One positive note from Tuesdays game I noticed on the Trib website Dave Mackall covered the Dukes. In fact he was Rays 1/2 time guest on the new network espn Pgh. Sure beats the old days KQV signal drops after daylight. Mackall without a doubt probably one of the most knowledgeable college basketball reporters in western Pa. Finally, I did see the PG sent a reporter who also did a solid job covering the Dukes. With the coming disaster at Pitt😂👍 maybe the Dukes get a mention on the local news & local papers. Go Dukes

11/11/2021 8:33 am  #8

Ironduke81 wrote:

One positive note from Tuesdays game I noticed on the Trib website Dave Mackall covered the Dukes. In fact he was Rays 1/2 time guest on the new network espn Pgh. Sure beats the old days KQV signal drops after daylight. Mackall without a doubt probably one of the most knowledgeable college basketball reporters in western Pa. Finally, I did see the PG sent a reporter who also did a solid job covering the Dukes. With the coming disaster at Pitt😂👍 maybe the Dukes get a mention on the local news & local papers. Go Dukes

Agree that it’s great to have Dave Mackall covering the Dukes for the Trib; he knows his stuff. And I continue to hope that Zac Weiss will continue covering the Dukes for Pittsburgh Sports Now; his well crafted questions in the post game sessions get insightful responses.

11/11/2021 10:59 am  #9

This probably doesn't belong here, but as a college basketball fan and a strong supporter I ask your forgiveness for this post...as it is about basketball...and in our city.
     From my college days I never liked Pitt basketball due to the rival with our Dukes.  I also dislike their football program and think no other fans whine as much as they do.  With that said, and talking about media coverage, if you are following what is happening across  town their basketball team is imploding and exploding in front of our eyes!!!!!!!!!      Today, their only commit, who was left after their last decommit (follow along here....) just decommitted.  They have no one as of now.  They lost to a team that is not very strong (The Citadel) which can happen to anyone...but it was embarrassing.   I do not know the problems nor could I, but something is definitely a mess in that program.  This could almost make me feel sorry for them.  Naw...
Go Dukes!

11/11/2021 11:14 am  #10

Ironduke81 wrote:

The PG of course had a story on Pitt for tonight’s home opener. Zero mention of the Dukes home opener. Nothing on the Trib as well. Since I suspect Tim Benz will be on the espn+ broadcast tonight hopefully he also contributes a sentence or two on the Trib website tomorrow. If one  of the current players on this roster can get arrested on the SouthSide, charged with public intoxication and assault a Pgh Police officer maybe the  Dukes would  get a mention in the PG sports section.

If the Dukes support the cancelled RMU hockey programs that would be the best way to get Benz to write about them.

11/11/2021 11:20 am  #11

They might only win 5 games this year, and thats fine.   Its kinda fun to watch them sink.   Hopefully WVU kicks their teeth in this weekend.    A tooth reference with WVa and its not an insult to WVa!   :-)))    

11/11/2021 12:29 pm  #12

I recall a poster on the Pitt board just a year or so ago referring to Duquesne basketball as a dumpster fire. If that's what we are, then what the heck is Pitt basketball these days?!!!

11/11/2021 2:21 pm  #13

“Just win baby”

“If you build it, they will come”

Board footera