Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

11/12/2021 11:11 am  #1

Disappointing Start

Dukes will open at home Sunday after a disappointing start. The starting lineup did not do well with the exception of Tess Myers who will be an all league player during her career. Dukes played better when they played bigger, especially when Amaya played in the block and Precious popped out to the line. Hope Dan sticks with the bigger group. Let’s get going Sunday at home. Go Dukes!

Last edited by HookShot (11/12/2021 11:12 am)

11/12/2021 1:29 pm  #2

Re: Disappointing Start

It's an annual "slow start" when you always start with tough road games every year.   I don't know if they have "buy" games in women's NCAA; but if that is the case it  makes a little bit of sense; otherwise, I don't understand starting every season by playing games you probably aren't winning and stand a good chance of losing badly.  The Texas trip to start the season a few years ago was disastrous, and I thought the team never recovered.  

11/14/2021 6:46 am  #3

Levon:  Tulsa was coming off a 4 win season --  When the game was scheduled I would presume that DU thought with a reasonably healthy team - the game was winnable -- Central Florida was obviously a challenge --  THEY came to the Burg a while back - perhaps DU owed them a return visit and this was when it occurred.

As for last year -- there might have been some games that were canceled and Ohio State became an opener.  They usually like to play one Power 5 team per year --  Was Oklahoma State a couple of years ago --  Also played (and beat) Virginia a couple of years back.

In the Texas Trip - Dan DID admit the tough start was an Over Schedule --  BUT DU had a senior laden team - who won 2 WNIT games ON THE ROAD the previous year (the only team to do that)  Texas was a potential Final 4 team -  but beating TCU was not totally out of the question.

Hope the Ladies can get on the right side of the ledger today and get some additional players healthy going forward.

11/14/2021 5:12 pm  #4

I see they got a win today; so that’s good!  I’d like to see them be able to get back to being a top 3-4 team in the A-10 with a chance to win a bid!  I don’t know who is injured and who can heal enough to contribute this season.

Board footera