Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

11/15/2021 9:03 am  #1

Game Thread - Weber State Wildcats

7:00pm EST tip on Monday 11/15/2021 at the UPMC Cooper Fieldhouse, Pittsburgh, PA
Per KenPom:
Dukes #185 (1-1) vs Weber St. Wildcats #117 (1-0)
Game prediction: Dukes lose by 2, 72-70 - Dukes with 42% probability of a win.
Betting line: Dukes are 2½ point underdogs; Over/Under 143
Duquesne 1-1 Against the Spread: Weber St. 0-0 ATS

Dukes Best Win(s): Rider (257)
Dukes Worst Loss(es): Hofstra (148)
Weber St. Best Win(s): Western Colorado (NR)
Weber St. Worst Loss(es): N/A

Four Factors ==> Effective field goal percentage; Turnover percentage; Offensive rebounding percentage; Free throw rate (shown below if team has Top 100 ranking overall or top 4 in conference as a strength; if team has Bottom 100 ranking or bottom 4 in conference as a weakness)

Here's a look at Weber St. for the season (national ranking out of 358 teams):
Offensive Strength: N/A
Offensive Weakness: N/A
Defensive Strength: N/A
Defensive Weakness: N/A

Here's a look at the Dukes for the season (national ranking out of 358 teams):
Offensive Strength: Turnover % (15)
Offensive Weakness: None
Defensive Strength: FT Rate (19); Turnover % (76)
Defensive Weakness: Effective FG % (288)

Points per Possession and Number of Possessions
Weber St. Adj Offense Efficiency - 104.0; 92 in D-1 vs Dukes Adj Defense Efficiency - 99.2; 159 in D-1
Weber St. Adj Defense Efficiency - 98.4.6; 147 in D-1 vs Dukes Adj Offense Efficiency - 97.1; 225 in D-1
Weber St. Adj Tempo - 72.8; 60 in D-1 vs Dukes Adj Tempo - 69.0; 281 in D-1

Miscellaneous
Experience - Weber St. X.XX yrs; XX in D-1; Dukes 0.79 yrs; 343 in D-1
Average Height - Weber St. XX.X"; XX in D-1; Dukes 77.2"; 131 in D-1

Haslametrics = has the Dukes as 171st in the country.
Weber St. is 112th in the country.
Automated Game Preview:  https://haslametrics.com/preview.php?yr=&tid2=4391&tid1=5407&neut=0
Overall Ratings:  http://haslametrics.com/ratings.php

11/15/2021 11:07 am  #2

Re: Game Thread - Weber State Wildcats

As always… thanks Phoenix.  Well, there shouldn’t be any complaints about us playing cupcakes OOC this year. Each team is progressively better.  It would be nice if we could start stronger and hopefully get a win.
Go Dukes.

11/15/2021 11:47 am  #3

I am very interested to see how Ayers plays tonight. How easily can he put a bad shooting night behind him?

11/15/2021 12:19 pm  #4

FAM wrote:

As always… thanks Phoenix.  Well, there shouldn’t be any complaints about us playing cupcakes OOC this year. Each team is progressively better.  It would be nice if we could start stronger and hopefully get a win.
Go Dukes.

Fam, not a cupcake but not a top 100 team either, plus we have them on our home court. Weber State is 117 at the moment in Ken Prom and Hofstra is 148. I have not posted much this year because it will be difficult to judge what’s going on with this team because of the new players. I think this board gives excuses for losses and problems with the program. One excuse I have heard repeatedly in the past, is we have a short bench and players are playing too many minutes. In the first two games Riders top three players played Muarry 39, James 34, and Vaughn 32. Hofstra’s Cooks and Dunbar 40 each and Estrada 38. All six of these guys were their leading scorers. In Hofstra’s game before the Duquesne game they logged 45,44, and 37 minutes respectively. Apparently it did not affect them against us.

11/15/2021 5:33 pm  #5

Looking for the upset win tonight. I believe the loss to Hofstra will motivate the Dukes to come out hungry. Ayers will not have 2 bad games in a row and look for Jackie J to do some damage.
Dukes by 7.

11/15/2021 6:03 pm  #6

Wildwood13 wrote:

FAM wrote:

As always… thanks Phoenix. Well, there shouldn’t be any complaints about us playing cupcakes OOC this year. Each team is progressively better. It would be nice if we could start stronger and hopefully get a win.
Go Dukes.

Fam, not a cupcake but not a top 100 team either, plus we have them on our home court. Weber State is 117 at the moment in Ken Prom and Hofstra is 148. I have not posted much this year because it will be difficult to judge what’s going on with this team because of the new players. I think this board gives excuses for losses and problems with the program. One excuse I have heard repeatedly in the past, is we have a short bench and players are playing too many minutes. In the first two games Riders top three players played Muarry 39, James 34, and Vaughn 32. Hofstra’s Cooks and Dunbar 40 each and Estrada 38. All six of these guys were their leading scorers. In Hofstra’s game before the Duquesne game they logged 45,44, and 37 minutes respectively. Apparently it did not affect them against us.

I worry less about board members posting about the short bench, big minutes, fatigue, & conditioning than I do the coaching staff. Fans will have their opinions crazy or sane; God knows I do.

My other favorite is that the team's lack of size in the first 2 games has been a real problem. That's nonsense. Hofstra played 2 guys over 6'6" on Saturday; 6'10" Iyiola & 6'7" Dubar. One 5'11" player of theirs managed 40 minutes & dominated the game. Meanwhile, the Dukes played 5 guys at least 6'7' including 1-6"8', 1-6'10", & 1-6'11".

In the first game, Rider played 3-6'7" players & 1-6'8" player. DU played 2-6'7" players, 1-6'8", & 1-6'11"  (only 2 minutes)

Last edited by phil95 (11/15/2021 6:14 pm)

11/15/2021 6:18 pm  #7

Per Zach Weiss
Gunn in pre game warmups
could be that Gunn and Rotrof could play tonight

11/15/2021 7:54 pm  #8

Really tough D so far.

11/15/2021 8:01 pm  #9

Killing them on the offensive boards
Neither team shooting well
so far everybody has played except hima
up 9 at half  very good chance for a win

11/15/2021 8:47 pm  #10

Building sounds empty. This team is not well coached to say the least. Stupid fouls, shot selection, etc...Williams and Easley are big disappointments thus far. Heard Acuff was a leader, but not seeing in his play.

11/15/2021 8:57 pm  #11

Dambrot obviously didn't know he was out of timeouts or didn't relay to his players. Pathetic.

11/15/2021 9:01 pm  #12

We are... Bad.  Also, we are horribly painful to watch, but the announce team makes watching at home almost unbearable.

Last edited by Simms (11/15/2021 9:02 pm)

"You have to be realistic about these things."  - Logen Ninefingers

11/15/2021 9:05 pm  #13

Especially the color commentator who seems to rejoice when the Dukes fail. Pathetic to listen to.

11/15/2021 9:13 pm  #14

I’m 3-0 on my path to 6 wins prediction.    McKeesport here I come.

11/15/2021 9:17 pm  #15

Its just so bad, still.   Hard to watch a lot of the time.

11/15/2021 9:22 pm  #16

I'm am embarrassed to say that I bought into the KD quote that "This is the most talented team i've had here". It may be, but I think it's past time to look for a young head coach who knows the modern game a bit more and who can actually work with talent. I mean c'mon. You throw guys like Larson in at crunch time time. For what reason? No offense to the guy, but seriously? They built a fieldhouse that was just waiting for a winner and you throw that mess of a coaching game out there. The place will be empty by January if not before. Just so disappointing. i'm out until stuff changes.

11/15/2021 9:36 pm  #17

Yes indeed it was pathetic. It was playground ball. The trap on Johnson, the timeout and the Easley turning the ball over. Awful...Rayrich is right, come January that building will be empty. Sorry , I love Duquesne but I'm a fair weather fan. I'm not going to keep watching this.

11/15/2021 9:39 pm  #18

It was really bad basketball

11/15/2021 9:49 pm  #19

A83 wrote:

I’m 3-0 on my path to 6 wins prediction. McKeesport here I come.

Really A83, you are happy of about this loss and your gadfly prediction?  

11/15/2021 9:55 pm  #20

Dukes played solid defense. Also did well on the boards. That's improvement. Unfortunately, they can't knock down open looks. Jackie J & P diddy Spears are a solid foundation for the future. The A10 is a guard oriented league. Problem is no Mike Hughes that can finish down low. Also love the potential for Okani which showed improvement. Acuff got to get more minutes then the grad. Did not get the last 3 minutes with the 3 timeouts to sub Bilicheck & Johnson. Can you not automatically sub after a made basket?Finally, Weber State picked 2nd in MW conference which last year ranked higher then the A10. The A10 stinks except for the Brown & SLU. yes I am frustrated but I loved the hard play on the part of this team. Go Dukes.

11/15/2021 9:55 pm  #21

CLK wrote:

A83 wrote:

Yeah I’m the problem.  Nearly 100% roster turnover.   Division 2 players brought in the mix and predictions of 26 wins.   And I’m the problem.  And the coach saying this is the greatest talent he has ever had.   Okay.  I sincerely apologize to the DU community.

11/15/2021 9:55 pm  #22

After game reflections...
-I am usually the glass is half empty due to mental torture over the years with Dukes basketball, but not tonight...
-When I went to the game I was actually surprised that Duquesne was in it all night.  Defense was played well tonight.
-Some of the mistakes were not due to the coaching - Easley - had his worst game out of 3.  
-Bek did an awesome job on defense the first half
-Don't know if you could tell if you watched it on TV, but those guys were huge.

We played a good team tough...am I happy we lost, of course not.  But I think there is still much hope!!

11/15/2021 9:59 pm  #23

CLK wrote:

A83 wrote:

Hey CLK I opened a betting account on Fan Duel I'm down 1win 2 loses. Why because every game you predict a 20 point win😂👍 I do agree with your A83 comment. Very disturbing if indeed you are a Duquesne fan.

11/15/2021 10:03 pm  #24

Ironduke81 wrote:

CLK wrote:

A83 wrote:

Hey CLK I opened a betting account on Fan Duel I'm down 1win 2 loses. Why because every game you predict a 20 point win😂👍 I do agree with your A83 comment. Very disturbing if indeed you are a Duquesne fan.

Yep I’m the problem.   I do the coaching and recruiting.   I run the camera that people complain about.   I’m the color announcer that people don’t like.   I ordered the mini basketballs that didn’t show up for the season opener.   It’s me.

My sincere apologies again.

Last edited by A83 (11/15/2021 10:04 pm)

11/15/2021 10:07 pm  #25

I think that the first thing that has to change is Johnson thinking he's the second coming of Stef Curry. Yeah, he hit a couple but he had some horribly timed misses. C'mon coach... What about getting the ball in the low post and having that man shoot or kickout. Instead of guards just flying down the lane and passing out to the wing. Kind of looks like the team is just bring their playground game to college. 

WE ARE CREEPING UP TO THE SECOND FLOOR....

Board footera