Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

12/02/2021 8:22 pm  #51

Re: Game Thread - Bowling Green State University Falcons

Fire these knuckleheads who broadcast these ESPN + games. I want  a Bob Prince homer type who loves 
Duquesne ,knows the history and bleeds red and blue . Someone who barks at the referees if they make 
a bad call.

12/02/2021 8:57 pm  #52

If the attendance was 3,500 last night we win by 15.If we bring in a perspective recruit and he looks
around at the building,the atmosphere and the noise,he remembers that experience at Duquesne.
The fan support has a lot to do with recruiting talented players..Why are St.Bona,Dayton,VCU successful?

12/02/2021 9:02 pm  #53

Everybody in athletic dept gone after.Everybody on this board has their own little story of incompetence
displayed by athletic dept. 

12/02/2021 9:07 pm  #54

fire them after this season

12/02/2021 9:08 pm  #55

fire them after this season

12/02/2021 10:20 pm  #56

Thank you BsDuq, my sentiments exactly!!! Stew, it seems to me you have some valid points.

12/02/2021 10:32 pm  #57

CLK wrote:

It's the same old song but nothing changes.  The finger points everywhere except him.  How about you fix it coach? It is your job, quit blaming the players.  

How forgetful does he think fans & journalists are?
-We listened for 4 years while he told us how "young" his DU teams have been. Now those same players are "old guys".
-"We aren't getting any points down low, well a little. For 2 years it was easy. We just threw it inside to Mike Hughes." MH played 3 seasons at DU. His career average is 10.8 points per game. The most he ever scored was 11.2 per game in his first year. Tre is currently averaging 12.1. Tre is also averaging more blocks & rebounds than MH did his first year while shooting the exact same crap percentage from the FT line.
Easely-8 games 13.5/6.8  .468/.448/.767 (He has made as many 3s in 8 games as Marcus did in any one year.)
Weathers first year 10/6.4  .489/.245/.641  
-Is there anybody on this board that thinks going to Marcus in the clutch was optimal? How many games can you recall where he botched the last or most crucial shot and/or foul shots? Do you think A-10 opponents feared Hughes or Marcus in the clutch?
-"For the last 15 years my teams have played inside out." If he is using the traditional definition where stellar inside play has led to success for perimeter shooters, which game films has he been watching for the last 4.25 seasons.? 

(These are not shots at the departed players. They are evidence of KD's current chicanery. I would love to have Marcus on this team. The comparisons are really meant to highlight the degree to which KD has plenty of talent & production to work with.)

I intentionally waited to watch this postgame press conference so as to not fly off the handle. Now I am left asking which of the players would not be pissed off by this finger-pointing-apalooza?

Holy Jim Ferry flashback Batman!

12/02/2021 10:36 pm  #58

I am 66 and the way things are going Im going to be taking a dirt nap by the time  Duquesne  lights a fire
under someones behind and gets the right people in place to market and get a thriving fanbase to help
our players and coaches get a NCAA bid. Promotions, promotions,sell,sell 24/7

12/02/2021 10:44 pm  #59

I cant wait and most of the others on this board are tired of the same lukewarm,narcisstic boneheads
that keep Duquesne from succeeding.Passion,bringing it everyday is whats needed,promoting and
pleading for the 10,000 students and 50,000 alumni to support a team 15 times in a year.

12/03/2021 7:17 am  #60

A83 wrote:

townsonkid wrote:

I dont understand why there wasnt a box of those balls at that gate.   Its not like I was the only person using it.   And its not just the ball, its that stupid band of 5 people, why have it?   Its no fans.   Its cheerleaders that cant do simple cheers.   Its a team that doesnt listen to their coach, or is coached by a buffoon  Its zero post presence, again.  Most fans that do go dont care.   Its a 3rd rate program top to bottom(minus the building).   Gormley and Harper should be embarrassed, or pissed off.  I wonder why any bball player even wants to go there, must be a last chance kind of thing.   Red Ring is closed too, WTH?

Lol. “ Gormley and Harper should be embarrassed or pissed off.” Gee, If either one ran the place and had decision making abilities to change things.

They are neither embarrassed or pissed off. They both make great salaries. And there are very few people who care enough to Complain to them. And those in the inner circle kiss their asses. Apathy is their best friends.

We pay actual money to see their ineptness year after year. I don’t give a damn about getting a mini basketball. But they tweeted the day before the game about those basketballs and no one gave a damn enough to see if they even arrived

Luckymcd and you said said it best. It has always been a third class operation. And it always will be.

The same third class operation that existed during the Colleary and Amodio eras is alive and thriving under Harper with a staff triple the size of Colleary’s and with significantly more people than Amodio. And they all punch out at 4:30 and could give a damn if any DU team won or lost. Most of them couldn’t even tell you if they won or lost.

But hey we have a social media coach. That doesn’t attend games or promote the team. But spends a ton of time promoting himself and his number one client Damar Hamlin of the Buffalo Bills and Pitt. And promoting himself as the NCAA’s first social media coach. Snake. Oil. Salesman.

Apparently, the balls were at the Palumbo Atrium gate only.   They have a list of people that were there opening night, and only those people get a ball.  They will also be there for the New Hamp game.

12/03/2021 9:00 am  #61

Sorry to belabor the point about these stupid opening game balls. I saw a line of people going out and I stopped someone who told me what was going on. It was only 3 or 4 games late and many who attended had no clue. It's just another reflection of the administrations poor approach to the program.Thanks Father Nesti

12/03/2021 9:09 pm  #62

One more thought. Maybe Bobby Mo' will steal KD from us like we stole Danny Nee from them. You see how that worked out.... In the same vein, maybe KD figures he has his retirement job just like Nee did. I made my step up and this is my ceiling. It's milking time.

WE ARE CREEPING UP TO THE SECOND FLOOR....

12/03/2021 9:40 pm  #63

FAM wrote:

Yes, I love DU BUT...
-I get bothered when folks say we should win by 5 or 10 or 15 and I always say, I'll be happy if we win by just one. 

I've thought that.  For four years a lot of the fans on this board have labored under the assumption that we are really a 100-125 RPI team, who think that we should dominate games and win easily.  A way too light  OOC schedule has fed that delusion. This year we finally have an OOC schedule indicative of that position and the truth is being exposed.

Vicimus Atlanticum decem

12/04/2021 12:14 am  #64

Judge Jack McVay Jr wrote:

Rayrich thanks for sharing and what a fun year 1977 at Duquesne! We went to NCFA national championship football game and Norman Mase Gumby B Pat Felix and just so many other great guys went to the dance. It will happen again despite the discouraging start..someday...and I will admit I am getting worried about this year's hoops team!I can't argue with many of the posts

You are welcome Judge. Those were good times. Rich Cotton, John Thomas, and I totally forgot about Felix. Mase came up big especially on the defensive side late in that game. Also, remember the club football championship. Was living in the Philly suburbs at that time. The Philadelphia inquirer had a nice write up on that win in their Sunday sports page which I read religiously. At that time the inquirer was the best bar none when covering sports both locally and nationally. The Philly evening bulletin was the go to when you needed a late night final score which was basically any game in the midwest/rockies/west time zone.

Board footera