Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

12/06/2021 2:04 pm  #1

DU Men's Basketball - Providing YOUR Input

Polite - Kind - Sincere is how I have always communicated with others (though I have failed at times) but I haven't seen this much concern since Ferry has been here.  I can go through the posts and loyal Duquesne Fans are getting tired, angry, and frustrated again!  I really don't know what else to say, except to make your concerns known, (and some of you are extremely perceptive) to those in charge.  But don't just complain...you don't just say fire the coach...but you can say "Hey, he said this was the best team ever!"  or "Why have I lost my hearing going to home Duquesne Games?  or "What are you going to do about the Pep Band?"  But you need to communicate.  I put these in another thread but my understanding is few have made their concerns known.
So, here you go colleagues...we all love Dukes Basketball, so let those in charge know...by the way, these are ALL published emails and names on the DU staff directory site, so nothing illegal here.

Dave Harper/Athletic Director:   harperd1@duq.edu
​Rachel Lichtensteiger/Assistant to DH:   lichtensteigerr@duq.edu

Bryann Colonna/Assoc. AD:  colonna770@duq.edu

For Game Day Concerns:
Megan Jahrring/Assoc. AD External Relations:  jahrlingm@duq.edu

If no one provides input, they will believe what is gong on is acceptable.  Be polite-kind
Go Dukes   .  If you want a response, ask for one - If they don't give you a response, email again.  Sometimes, emailing all of them together with your concerns can work.  We all want DU Basketball to get better...and we won't give up.  Go Dukes!

Last edited by FAM (12/06/2021 3:08 pm)

12/06/2021 4:58 pm  #2

Re: DU Men's Basketball - Providing YOUR Input

Thank you Fam. I'll use this resource, and i'll keep my input polite. No point in complaining which i've done too much over the years on this board. Not healthy for anybody. Comes with being a fan for 50 years now. Want the Dukes to be successful so badly. This is good. Thanks again.

12/06/2021 6:36 pm  #3

Fam I am soooo impressed with the job the President, AD & yes Coach Dambrot. Yes I’m frustrated with the current status of this team but the fat lady has yet to sing. If the basketball fails under Coach Dambrot you have to congratulate the job of the current  AD & President. Thank God the Quinipiac Clowm & Dr. Chuck are no longer part of the program. I still believe in my heart that Duquesne Athletics are in a huge upswing. Relax this board is losing its credibility very fast. Again Coach Dambrot may not reach the promised land but the overall progress of Duquesne Athletics in my opinion have been very positive. Chill pill please. I remain very confident in the leadership at Duquesne 👍

12/06/2021 6:36 pm  #4

Thanks FAM!!

12/06/2021 6:39 pm  #5

Iron Duke:  Totally agree on the AD and President - jury is still out on the coach...though things have gotten better from Ferry, let's not reward effort.  Everyone tries.  He has two years to get us to an NIT or NCAA bid which would accomplish the needed goals.

Going to have to politely disagree on this board losing credibility.   Passion is a good thing.  In fact, we probably have more folks posting and being involved in DU Bball than there has been...folks just want a winner!

12/06/2021 6:49 pm  #6

PistolPete wrote:

Thanks FAM!!

Pistol very kooky as defined as strange or eccentric. Cmon man. 

12/06/2021 8:42 pm  #7

Pistol, do you have more intel on the situation with the Miller brothers (Sean and Archie)?

12/07/2021 3:39 pm  #8

Good points Ironduke81 and Fam and especially Ironduke81 points on Athletics overall,  and I point to football beating Ohio a Mac FBS team and also men's soccer success. I know that Men's BB is not where we all want it yet and it is absolutely everyone's right to post their respective opinions supportive or not but I do think let's see where this season goes and whether or not they jell after time.  Coach D is still trying to figure out how to play combination s etc and trying to find the right mix.Sometimes I don't understand what he's thinking admittedly. Recall all of us old guys  that our last NCAA team struggled for much of the season until Don Maser and Freddie Moon started to see signficant PT in the various combinations that were available to Coach Ciny. I admit that I am sometimes stuck in 1977! Haha 😄 Go Dukes

Board footera