Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

12/17/2021 9:10 pm  #1

Irvine

Has 13 players averaging over 10 minutes per game. Don't see that too often. Got a couple of 7 footers. Looks to be a very good rebounding team.

12/17/2021 9:51 pm  #2

Re: Irvine

WashPaRick wrote:

Has 13 players averaging over 10 minutes per game. Don't see that too often. Got a couple of 7 footers. Looks to be a very good rebounding team.

Had #10 USC on the ropes big time a couple nights ago. UCI should be ripe for a bit of a letdown after falling just short against the Trojans. Good spot for the Dukes to pull out a win as an underdog. We'll see if the coaching staff has the team prepared. Major disappointment if they don't win this game or at least take it to the wire.

12/18/2021 9:25 am  #3

UC Irvine is arguably the best non-conference team the Dukes play (Colorado and DePaul would also be in the mix). I’m anticipating that the Dukes will be 8 point underdogs on a neutral court. I don’t like this matchup for the Dukes; they are going to need a really good shooting performance to hang with this team.

12/18/2021 10:58 am  #4

It should be a great game.  Looking for the Dukes to pull a big upset.  Too bad there is no video stream.

12/18/2021 5:50 pm  #5

Phoenix, where are you???  Need your stats on the game!!!

12/18/2021 9:55 pm  #6

This game should tell us a lot about this team and it's growth. UCI although bigger and a bit more talented and well coached than the Dukes just lost a heartbreaker against the #10 team in the country and now are traveling across the country to play a team most of their players I suspect have never heard of. The Dukes, meanwhile have had 8 days to prepare. Got to win this one. No excuse not to. A perfect situation and spot for the Dukes. A loss would be a big disappointment. This is a classic letdown game against a well rested team. All the bettors in Vegas will be on Duquesne (watch the line movements on this one). Having been the former owner and handicapper along win my brother Darcy of the Pennsylvania Prophets, a nationally recognized sports betting service back in the late 1980's until the early 2000's (who won numerous monitored college basketball sports betting  titles) this would be a prime underdog pick. Hope the Dukes don't disappoint. I'll predict a 68-60 win.

12/18/2021 11:09 pm  #7

FAM wrote:

Phoenix, where are you???  Need your stats on the game!!!

Just being drunk and disorderly during this Saturday night during the holiday season.  (And waiting for the betting line to be posted.)

Board footera