Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

12/22/2021 10:00 am  #1

WOFFORD GAME IS CANCELED TODAY

Covid issues

12/22/2021 10:37 am  #3

Re: WOFFORD GAME IS CANCELED TODAY

Absolutely no surprise at all.  35 or maybe more D1 games cancelled last 2 days including half or more of scheduled A10 games plus games involving our 2 most recent opponents.  All we can do is prepare for Davidson and hope all can stay healthy.

12/22/2021 10:52 am  #4

This sucks!

I just boarded my flight from Atlanta with the intention of starting our holiday trip with an in-person Dukes victory.

12/22/2021 3:10 pm  #5

Oh well.   Enjoy the Christmas weekend everyone, stay safe out there.

12/22/2021 3:42 pm  #6

Merry Christmas everyone!  Enjoy and be well

12/22/2021 4:18 pm  #7

Merry Christmas to all and may good health be yours.
God bless!

12/22/2021 6:27 pm  #8

Let's hope the team gets a good break and is ready for the conf. season.  Merry Christmas to all. I like this team, they are young and as the season goes on, they may surprise a few teams down the line.

12/23/2021 6:55 am  #9

We should stick to basketball.
I was wondering if KD could arrange a scrimmage
with Point Park.
The Wofford game would have been a good tune up 
for Davidson regardless if won or lost
Otherwise, time off and more practice among the team which
is good but a good against another team would be better.

12/23/2021 7:31 am  #10

Since this is a basketball board & hopefully maintains some credibility did anyone watch Davidson’s big win at Alabama. The Dukes have a big challenge in Charlotte for their A10 opener.. Hopefully, this response ends the nonsense so we can discuss college basketball. Go Dukes

12/23/2021 8:27 am  #11

Huge win for Davidson and the A-10. Could have used a tune up for sure but have a feeling that if all hands are on deck for the game, the Dukes will give a good account of themselves. I do look for continued development individually and as a team in the weeks to follow. By mid season of league play our Dukes will be ready to challenge anybody in the league IMO. GO DUKES!

12/23/2021 8:53 am  #12

I have deleted several posts.  What part of no political posts on this Board don't you understand?  I really have no desire or time to play patrol boy.  If you want to continue to post on this Board stick to sports in general and DU basketball specifically.  No more warnings.

Last edited by CLK (12/23/2021 8:53 am)

12/23/2021 8:55 am  #13

El Presidente wrote:

Huge win for Davidson and the A-10. Could have used a tune up for sure but have a feeling that if all hands are on deck for the game, the Dukes will give a good account of themselves. I do look for continued development individually and as a team in the weeks to follow. By mid season of league play our Dukes will be ready to challenge anybody in the league IMO. GO DUKES!

I agree, this is a young and developing team. Once they get more time as a unit, I won't be surprised to see some impressive wins.   

12/23/2021 10:20 am  #14

Having been told several times that Gunn is one of our best players and also being told that he was very close to being fit to play the entire dynamic of the team could be thrown for a loop yet again. 😫😢

12/23/2021 10:26 am  #15

Econ69 wrote:

with Point Park.

Econ69, I don’t believe that’s an option since it was Duquesne’s program that was affected by Covid. They couldn’t play Wofford; they can’t play anyone until they get some negative tests back. Hopefully, everyone is asymptomatic.

12/23/2021 10:55 am  #16

The Dome wrote:

Having been told several times that Gunn is one of our best players and also being told that he was very close to being fit to play the entire dynamic of the team could be thrown for a loop yet again. 😫😢

I've almost completely forgotten about RG. Does anyone know when he will be on the court. I know that he made a brief appearance some time ago then disappeared again presumably not yet ready to play. Could create a negative in the short term in trying to figure out how to work him in but long term a welcome addition.

12/23/2021 12:06 pm  #17

Econ69 wrote:

with Point Park.

Depending on the specifics of the Covid situation the team may not be able to meet to practice

12/23/2021 12:09 pm  #18

El Presidente wrote:

The Dome wrote:

I've almost completely forgotten about RG. Does anyone know when he will be on the court. I know that he made a brief appearance some time ago then disappeared again presumably not yet ready to play. Could create a negative in the short term in trying to figure out how to work him in but long term a welcome addition.

The only upside though is that RJ has a lot of experience so he won't need as much time to get ready as some younger guys might

12/23/2021 4:21 pm  #19

A definite college basketball veteran. Might just take a bit of time for others to get used to what RG is able to bring to the table.

Board footera