Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

12/29/2021 12:57 pm  #1

Watching Hoops

With another Pandemic forcing us to adjust our viewing habits -- I was wondering if some of the posters would mind sharing their viewing habits with the other posters.  Which of the three groups below do you think best describes you?

Group A -  You are a BASKETBALL FAN -  You watch the NBA -  Maybe there is a team in your region a particular player you like etc in addition to College Basketball.

Group B -  You are a COLLEGE BASKETBALL FAN -  You ignore the NBA - but watch a sufficient amount of college basketball on TV or over the Internet

Group C -  You are a DUQUESNE BASKETBALL FAN -  Other than DU (and possibly some of other A-10 teams) you watch hardly any basketball.

I'm in Group C -  Have the ESPN+ package - other than watching A-10 - watch very little from teams outside the league.

THANKS!!!!!!

12/29/2021 1:24 pm  #2

Re: Watching Hoops

Pretty solidly in Group C although once March gets here I expand my enjoyment to all the conference tournaments.  Root heavily for previous Dukes opponents.

12/29/2021 2:12 pm  #3

My interest keeps waning with age. As a kid I was solidly in group A. It helped that it was the heyday of the NBA. Basketball was still second to football for me, but I’d still watch any college or NBA game I could.

Towards the end of high school, into college, and up until my kids were born I couldn’t care less about the NBA, but was a college basketball junkie. Come March Madness I’d fill out my bracket from nothing but memory of the season and likely have seen all 64 teams already.

With so much more taking up my time now I’d say you can pretty much call me a Duquesne fan. I’ll watch big national games and some non-Duke A-10 games, but probably 75% of the basketball I watch in any given season are Duquesne games.

Hopefully the downgrade doesn’t continue. I already fear I’m the only Duke fan of my age. If I fall to group D the program might go with me.

12/29/2021 2:23 pm  #4

I'm probably a B.5. With ESPN+ there is almost always a game of some interest to me, any PA teams, including women's games.

12/29/2021 2:30 pm  #5

SkepticAl wrote:

With another Pandemic forcing us to adjust our viewing habits -- I was wondering if some of the posters would mind sharing their viewing habits with the other posters.  Which of the three groups below do you think best describes you?

Group A -  You are a BASKETBALL FAN -  You watch the NBA -  Maybe there is a team in your region a particular player you like etc in addition to College Basketball.

Group B -  You are a COLLEGE BASKETBALL FAN -  You ignore the NBA - but watch a sufficient amount of college basketball on TV or over the Internet

Group C -  You are a DUQUESNE BASKETBALL FAN -  Other than DU (and possibly some of other A-10 teams) you watch hardly any basketball.

I'm in Group C -  Have the ESPN+ package - other than watching A-10 - watch very little from teams outside the league.

THANKS!!!!!!

Im between A and B  

I root for the Sixers in the NBA but usually don't watch any NBA games until the playoffs.  But I enjoy a random game throughout the season.  I also follow the stats and who is playing where.

I enjoy watching college basketball regardless of the team and will tune into most any game and watch beginning to end over watching the NBA, NFL, or NHL

12/29/2021 3:13 pm  #6

-I used to be an obsessive NCAA fan. Group A is closest to what I am these days. 

-Very devoted to the Dukes, somewhat devoted to the Bonnies, watch a couple of dozen other college games throughout the regular season, follow the other A-10 schools closely online, & watch a ton of the NCAA tournament

-Very devoted to the Warriors in the NBA while following the rest of the league closely online every day, I also have 3-5 players every season that I watch a lot of Luka, Jokic, KD, outstanding rookies, etc..., I get attached to teams each season that are doing the unexpected like this year's Cavs.

-I always thought more parity in college basketball would yield a better viewing experience. As it turns out, for me anyway, the lack of historically great teams due to one-and-dones & constant transfers has made the conference tournaments & big dance less compelling to me. 

12/29/2021 3:36 pm  #7

Guess I'm a solid Group B with additional emphasis on our Dukes. No NBA at all unlike years ago when the pro game seemed more enjoyable to me. Yes the portal has changed the college game but I still find a great deal of enjoyment even with the "free agency" that now exists. Still believing that the Dukes will be making an NCAA appearance sooner than later. 

12/30/2021 9:23 am  #8

Watched William & Mary win at home against Hofstra by 1. As I told my buddy at tip off W&M stinks. Yep they beat Hofstra. Needless to say I had a crow sandwich & covered the beer tab. Oh yeah Davidson beat W& M by 25-30. The Dukes better improve come the A10 season or we definitely have a problem Houston.

12/30/2021 11:14 am  #9

Guess I'm a B with plenty of high school ball added. Anyone that's interested in high school ball can watch games on HSSN. On game days they usually have some you can watch and others with just the audio. Probably will have some Lincoln Park games in the future.

12/30/2021 11:32 am  #10

I'm in group A, but in all of sports the only teams that truly matter to me are the Duquesne University men's and women's basketball teams.

1/02/2022 8:37 pm  #11

Group A. Have been a Lakers fan since Baylor, West and Wilt. And through all of the successes and failures since. Went to the Lakers-Wizards game in Kobe's final year with my Son who lives in D.C. College hoops as well. Was a huge John Wooden fan back in the day....

WE ARE CREEPING UP TO THE SECOND FLOOR....

1/03/2022 2:21 pm  #12

I would say that I am a B- or a C+  😂.  Solidly watch/follow the Dukes but watch other A10 teams and others nationally.

1/03/2022 2:43 pm  #13

Definitely Group A, but much more selective about games I choose to watch than in my younger days. With Netflix etc, there is much more content and there are many alternatives to sports.   I enjoy the NBA especially a good match-up involving the Warriors,  Bucks,Nets, Lakers, Suns or Heat at present.  I enjoy watching the amazing talent these players possess.  I'll watch the Hawks as well just to see what Trae Young will do in any game.  He is a magician. 
I'm pretty selective on college games and will only invest time if it is a match-up of good, evenly matched teams. 
If the Pens are playing well, I'll often watch them, but usually don't watch hockey unless the Pens are involved. 

Board footera