Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

12/24/2021 6:50 pm  #1

Interesting Speculation

First I want to state -  I have NO Specific Knowledge about this -  Merely SPECULATION!!!   A few days ago on the Internet -  There was an announcement "Missouri QB to enter Transfer Portal --  Said QB was Libby's Brother.  Wondering if there could be ANY chance HE winds up at DU???  EASY to say NO player from a school like that would wind up here.  (Not to mention DU seems to be in good shape at QB)  BUT Libby (and her sister who played Volleyball at DU obviously appreciate the education they received here --  With little or no hope of a professional career - maybe her brother might appreciate the opportunity to play closer to home where the family could watch the games etc. and he would have an idea about the additional education he might pick up.

With all the flux going on as far as numbers/scholarships/transfers go -- perhaps there might not really be a market in the Power 5 for him -  maybe he would like DU better than some MAC schools..

12/26/2021 12:31 pm  #2

Re: Interesting Speculation

I’d say it could happen, or at least it wouldn’t surprise me. DU has done a good job positioning the team as a natural landing spot for PA athletes transferring from FBS schools.

12/27/2021 6:53 pm  #3

Definitely interesting speculation SkepticAl and not far-fetched at all! 3 of our last 4 QB1 have been FBS transfer Touchdown Tommy out of Boise St, Palm Beach Parr Florida Atlantic and now Mischler out of Ohio!I have not heard anything about this but I will make some inquiries and I know that the coaches like both Mischler and Perrantes who played well overall and probably gets them to the NCAA playoffs if he doesn't get hurt

12/27/2021 10:59 pm  #4

Face wrote:

I’d say it could happen, or at least it wouldn’t surprise me. DU has done a good job positioning the team as a natural landing spot for PA athletes transferring from FBS schools.

Libby is from Ohio --  

12/28/2021 12:32 pm  #5

SkepticAl wrote:

Face wrote:

Libby is from Ohio --  

Actually that still might be a good situation. Apparently only Youngstown State offers football scholarships as an FCS school in Ohio. There is Dayton but they are in the non-scholarship Pioneer Football League.

1/07/2022 3:34 pm  #6

He's going to Indiana (Big 10)

1/08/2022 2:25 pm  #7

Duquesne would attract more if we played a few home games at Highmark.
Keep beating that horse!

COFFEE
http://duquesnesports.blogspot.com/
Attitude is everything

Board footera