Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

1/13/2022 8:57 am  #51

Re: Game Thread - Fordham Rams (A)

So only 1 player was told to foul, and thats acceptable?   The whole team should have hacked anyone from Fordham.   Easley should have been sitting for Acuff or Rotroff.   Why doesnt Rotroff play at the end of games?   He's smart, rebounds, can get some points, and is at least the same type of FT shooter as Easley.  This loss was easily preventable.   
Easley gets pts every game, he should play, but in some situations, he doesnt need to.

1/13/2022 10:55 am  #52

Rotroff is shooting 15.4% from the line while Easley is at 72.5% on 3 times as many attempts. Easley also leads the team in rebounding, had 9 last night, & got the key rebound late.

Rotroff has been  good the last 4 games but, cannot be in the game when it is FT shooting time. Sad but true.

Last edited by phil95 (1/13/2022 11:04 am)

1/13/2022 12:58 pm  #53

While it is still fresh in my disappointed mind, as was said, Dambrot said we have a foul to give...if those were his words, I post the following...
1. Say the words exact - Joe, foul someone!!! . . . don't just say there is a foul to give.
2.  And I don't know how many timeouts he had...but that was a critical situation.  Call a time out before we get to the line to shoot. If he was out of them, I understand.  I know, some folks will say that is freezing our own player...which I don't believe in...there wasn't a time out used and he missed it anyway.  Call a time out and tell everyone what to do.  As you folks pointed out, the defense at the end was dismal at best.

Okay....I need to move ahead.

Last edited by FAM (1/13/2022 1:01 pm)

1/13/2022 1:28 pm  #54

Rotroff started 0-8 from the FT line, so he isnt that bad.   I guess I just trust him more out there than some of the others.   I'd be playing him 25 minutes a game, or until he told me he needs a rest.  I'd also have the guy in charge of the name likeness stuff getting Spears and JJ deals as much as possible.  But thats another kettle of fish.

1/13/2022 2:17 pm  #55

phil95 wrote:

Rotroff is shooting 15.4% from the line while Easley is at 72.5% on 3 times as many attempts. Easley also leads the team in rebounding, had 9 last night, & got the key rebound late.

Rotroff has been good the last 4 games but, cannot be in the game when it is FT shooting time. Sad but true.

Preach.  Easley had a somewhat off night but he is the most reliable player on the floor for the Dukes game in and game out.  Unfortunate that he missed that free throw last night but let's not jump to false conclusions..  Easley needs to be on the floor at crunch time.

1/13/2022 8:32 pm  #56

CLK, PHIL and FAM I agree with you guys about Coaching at the end of the game and poor execution by our players.  The first thing I said after pounding my fist is why in the hell didn't we foul after missing the 1 on 1.  That said our turnovers were bad tonight, but what did KD do to try to mitigate that in the second half?  Fordham is better no doubt, but that was a game (like Colorado) we should have never lost, period.

1/13/2022 11:02 pm  #57

PistolPete wrote:

CLK, PHIL and FAM I agree with you guys about Coaching at the end of the game and poor execution by our players.  The first thing I said after pounding my fist is why in the hell didn't we foul after missing the 1 on 1.  That said our turnovers were bad tonight, but what did KD do to try to mitigate that in the second half?  Fordham is better no doubt, but that was a game (like Colorado) we should have never lost, period.

Fordham won by a point at home. Doesn't make them better. They were lucky to get out of there with a win.

1/14/2022 8:03 am  #58

Rayrich wrote:

PistolPete wrote:

Fordham won by a point at home. Doesn't make them better. They were lucky to get out of there with a win.

I think Pistol was saying that Fordham is better than they have historically been.

1/14/2022 12:52 pm  #59

The sting of this game will be a little less after we beat Dayton.

1/14/2022 1:48 pm  #60

We should make a game of it against Dayton for sure. I think most every game that we play will come down to the wire. Think it will be that kind of season. Strap in!

1/15/2022 1:16 pm  #61

So the day after beating the Dukes with a last-second basket, Antonio Daye Jr. announces he's withdrawn from Fordham...

https://fordhamsports.com/news/2022/1/13/mens-basketball-fordham-athletics-statement-on-antonio-daye-jr.aspx

1/15/2022 2:25 pm  #62

Thanks, Phoenix, you are correct.

Board footera