Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

1/18/2022 8:31 pm  #1

Dayton Is Good & Getting Better

They are controlling the game against SBU as I type this. They are up 11 with under 8 minutes left & playing with poise.

Even though they are at home, a Dayton win here would be very impressive. The Bonnies are actually a tough out.

1/18/2022 9:03 pm  #2

Re: Dayton Is Good & Getting Better

The Bonnies got walloped by Dayton.  Odds are they will come into the Coop with something to prove.  We're getting them at a bad time.  

1/19/2022 6:33 am  #3

Dayton beat a Duq team ....young, inexperianced with all new starters...by 20 and a veteran, battle tested, well coached team by 18.  Dayton seems to be a pretty good team. 

I lived in the Dayton area for a few years.  They love the Flyers and really support the team. It always amazed me how they got so much support from so many not affiliated with the school in any way.

Last edited by Dsnyder15 (1/19/2022 7:59 pm)

1/19/2022 8:43 am  #4

There is nothing else to do in Dayton!  No competition.  If you want to see a sporting event that’s about it!

1/19/2022 8:52 am  #5

levon1975 wrote:

There is nothing else to do in Dayton! No competition. If you want to see a sporting event that’s about it!

Wright State is also there and they play in the Horizon league.  They play in an 8000+ seat arena and average between 4 and 5 thousand people for each game.  They love their basketball in Dayton

1/19/2022 8:57 am  #6

indygjm wrote:

The Bonnies got walloped by Dayton.  Odds are they will come into the Coop with something to prove.  We're getting them at a bad time.  

Holmes and Welch 0-13 from three-point land; and Lofton was 1-7 from three; a total of 1-18 from three!  Bonnie’s not going to win  with those shooting numbers!

1/19/2022 9:17 am  #7

Think Dayton is pretty unique. They are good so immediately are attractive as a team. They are really the only game in town so generate lots of interest and support in the area. Fans support them like we do the Steelers. Fans are extremely loyal and seem to travel everywhere to follow the Flyers on the road. Here in the 'Burgh, the Dukes are one of many sports options and not even an afterthought in the minds of most sports fans. Until we put an outstanding team on the court I don't think things will change. Very envious of the fan support in Dayton.

1/19/2022 9:47 am  #8

Didn't realize Wright State was located in Ohio let alone Dayton! I was thinking more about the lack of any pro sports in the Dayton area. Maybe the water there induces a great love for basketball!! Whatever the reason for such fan support, it's something that D.U. needs very badly and should come with winning. Simple enough right?!?!

Last edited by El Presidente (1/19/2022 9:48 am)

1/19/2022 12:25 pm  #9

El Presidente wrote:

Didn't realize Wright State was located in Ohio let alone Dayton! I was thinking more about the lack of any pro sports in the Dayton area. Maybe the water there induces a great love for basketball!! Whatever the reason for such fan support, it's something that D.U. needs very badly and should come with winning. Simple enough right?!?!

The Wright brothers were from Dayton - hence Wright State - hence the Flyers.  They really beat you over the head with it don't they?  We cured Polio and invented the Big Mac so, I'm not sweating it.

1/19/2022 1:29 pm  #10

I’m sure in the pregame comments we will read that EVEN while at Akron, Dambrot didn’t recruit against the Bonas and Coach Schmidt.   This should mitigate any fan’s expectations for Friday.   😀. Also with a little luck they could be 11-4 instead of 6-9.

1/19/2022 2:47 pm  #11

With a little luck I could win a million on the lottery..,KD bringing up the past a lot is a sign of not succeeding in the present.

1/19/2022 5:22 pm  #12

Styles1229 wrote:

levon1975 wrote:

There is nothing else to do in Dayton! No competition. If you want to see a sporting event that’s about it!

Wright State is also there and they play in the Horizon league.  They play in an 8000+ seat arena and average between 4 and 5 thousand people for each game.  They love their basketball in Dayton

I know about Wright State, but still nothing to do in Dayton!  No pro sports; the city is pretty grim; but some nice suburbs in the area.

1/23/2022 3:12 pm  #13

I saw that George Mason beat Dayton last night by 1 point.

Board footera