Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

11/09/2013 3:05 pm  #1

Game chat

You have to love what you see so far. Ovie Soko has been a "man among men" and Derrick Colter really looks like an improved player. Defense has been solid, although it helps that Abilene Christian is not a good shooting team. Tra'Vaughn White is going to be a very exciting player. Micah Mason drilled his first three and then launched an airball. Dominique McKoy is a solid player.

The things you want to see get cleaned up in practice: Soko trying to go coast to coast, Jeremiah Jones looking a little out of control going to the hoop. Ridenour is quick and that dunk was just filthy.

Looking forward to the second half.

11/09/2013 4:05 pm  #2

Re: Game chat

Great ghosts alive, Dukes win! 94-75. Sloppy second half, but a solid all-around effort. Looking forward to hearing from folks who were there. Unofficially, Colter with 23, White 20, Soko 17 points and 13 rebounds, Indiana Jones with 12 and McKoy with 11.

11/09/2013 4:38 pm  #3

My observations of the Game:
-Soko is the leader - not just emotionally, but in the sense of getting everyone together before plays, after plays, etc.  His BB skills are the best on the team
-White and Ridenour will greatly help the team
-Seeing all of the players interact to help and assist each other in a genuine manner was something I haven't seen in a while...as stated earlier, I haven't seen leadership like Soko for a while
-The assistant coaches had input, not just the head coach - a plus
-The team we played was very weak
-Our offense is obviously stronger than our defense
-My biggest plus - we finished plays - something the players couldn't do last year

Last edited by FAM (11/09/2013 4:39 pm)

11/09/2013 5:30 pm  #4

Thought I saw Watkins taking part in the lay up drill and the post moves before the game. If that was Watkins he looks like he's about ready to go. Couldn't see anything that looked like it was bothering him.

11/09/2013 5:59 pm  #5

FAM wrote:

My observations of the Game:
-Soko is the leader - not just emotionally, but in the sense of getting everyone together before plays, after plays, etc.  His BB skills are the best on the team
-White and Ridenour will greatly help the team
-Seeing all of the players interact to help and assist each other in a genuine manner was something I haven't seen in a while...as stated earlier, I haven't seen leadership like Soko for a while
-The assistant coaches had input, not just the head coach - a plus
-The team we played was very weak
-Our offense is obviously stronger than our defense
-My biggest plus - we finished plays - something the players couldn't do last year

I like this staff. There are two former head coaches who are still pretty young.

11/09/2013 8:26 pm  #6

Yes, the staff worked together and the coach appeared to value their input.  I know everyone cant be a starter...with that said, at least for now, the other two big men are a work in progress...

11/09/2013 8:40 pm  #7

Gill's coming off an injury, but he's a talented kid.

Board footera