Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

1/22/2022 8:24 pm  #1

Missing Post again?

I have a very good memory of commenting on a thread this morning that is no longer on the board. I don't recall it being abusive or controversial in any way.  Just curious what happened to it.

Vicimus Atlanticum decem

1/22/2022 8:49 pm  #2

Re: Missing Post again?

Tejas_Duke wrote:

I have a very good memory of commenting on a thread this morning that is no longer on the board. I don't recall it being abusive or controversial in any way.  Just curious what happened to it.

Why comment on that post. Really? Hey maybe questioning Dambrots coaching BUT why damage the Duquesne Basketball Brand.

1/22/2022 9:15 pm  #3

Ironduke81 wrote:

Tejas_Duke wrote:

Why comment on that post. Really? Hey maybe questioning Dambrots coaching BUT why damage the Duquesne Basketball Brand.

This is a board for discussion. All it did was  question whether a current player would be transferring.  I saw nothing abusive or inflammatory about it.

Vicimus Atlanticum decem

1/22/2022 9:24 pm  #4

Tejas_Duke wrote:

Ironduke81 wrote:

Tejas_Duke wrote:

This is a board for discussion. All it did was  question whether a current player would be transferring.  I saw nothing abusive or inflammatory about it.

Why raise the issue?

1/22/2022 9:34 pm  #5

Ironduke81 wrote:

Tejas_Duke wrote:

Ironduke81 wrote:

Why raise the issue?

Because, even in a private forum, I don't like posts being removed for "other reasons" than being abusive or degrading!  That's just me, I enjoy the exchange of opinions, whether I agree with them or not.

Vicimus Atlanticum decem

1/22/2022 9:40 pm  #6

In the view of Management the post was disrespectful to the player, and served no purpose except to inflame. It was therefore deleted. If you have any other questions send a private message rather than starting a new thread.

1/22/2022 9:57 pm  #7

CLK wrote:

In the view of Management the post was disrespectful to the player, and served no purpose except to inflame. It was therefore deleted. If you have any other questions send a private message rather than starting a new thread.

A poster merely asked if a currently high-performing player may transfer!  Not like we haven't seen that situation several times in the last few years! Don't see how stating a fact that our good players have chosen to abandon the program, sometimes in the middle of the season, is in any way abusive or inflammatory, but that's just me.

(Caveat: I did not read the post after I posted my comment, so if it got abusive after that, then I stand corrected.)

Vicimus Atlanticum decem

1/23/2022 11:19 am  #8

Cancel culture comes to the basketball message board!
There were no insults, no obscenities, no slander or inference of slander.
He was just asking a question about a potential transfer which is something that has impacted the 
program under Dambrot  numerous times.

Last edited by Saul's A Team (1/23/2022 11:19 am)

1/23/2022 12:12 pm  #9

It is difficult managing this Board.  People have different thoughts about what is acceptable behavior and what is not. We are going to run this Board the way we see appropriate.  For those who do not like the way this Board is run I suggest you find another forum. Perhaps you would want to sign up for the Duquesne Facebook Forum under your real name.  I have provided a link below.  

Duquesne Basketball | Facebook

1/23/2022 1:15 pm  #10

I have been on the Penn State football board, Pitt football board, and read others. Fact: they delete a lot more than is deleted here.  In fact they ban people a lot… I know, I was banned from the Pitt football board, called a few choice words and still can’t get on.

Adults are one thing… but when it comes to players…
BTW, I was banned for pointing out a specific issue in which Pitts football team did poorly.

Last edited by FAM (1/23/2022 1:20 pm)

1/24/2022 9:35 am  #11

Yeah, it's a really fine line when you start to discuss individual players performance or intentions. Tre Williams shoots 3's but the coach says go ahead and shoot 3's. Remember when TDM would go out on a 2 on 1 fastbreak and pull up and shoot a 3, but miss? Again, the coach gave him the green light to shoot that. Criticize the coach for giving them the green light, not the player. As far as intentions go, to me a player hasn’t transferred until he enters the portal. Up until then, it’s idle speculation which should be handled with private exchanges. BTW Saul, we are not cancelling anything. You have to respect the fact that the players know about this Board and do lurk.

WE ARE CREEPING UP TO THE SECOND FLOOR....

1/24/2022 11:41 am  #12

What player are we talking about?

1/24/2022 12:08 pm  #13

Bilgy wrote:

Can not say, even though it’s the biggest change in college basketball in 30 years. The player can choose wether he stays or not, the coach can decide wether he renews the scholarship. But we as fans are forbidden to talk about it in a public forum.

1/24/2022 12:13 pm  #14

I think you guys do a fine job of judging the fitness of the content of the Board.  You want to make sure that posts aren't specifically designed to do damage to the Program; or too berate, or do damage to a any of our players.    

The team made strides and showed improvement on Friday; so all we can do as fans is to hope that this is a trend and not an isolated case.  We have the nucleus of a good team, and the coaches know where they need help in recruiting, so this will be a year where we hope to see progress, and see the team learn develop a "standard" for their personal and team excellence.  As players see progress, and also know that help is on the way, they are likely to want remain a part of the program. 
The student support was also encouraging on Friday; and as the wins become more frequent there is no reason that the enthusiasm cannot grow.   

1/24/2022 12:18 pm  #15

Wildwood13 wrote:

Bilgy wrote:

Can not say, even though it’s the biggest change in college basketball in 30 years. The player can choose wether he stays or not, the coach can decide wether he renews the scholarship. But we as fans are forbidden to talk about it in a public forum.

It is clear that there will not be a consensus on this point.  I feel like "my house - my rules" applies.  We can't talk about the Pope at my Mom's house - it's not fair but we all respect her wishes and abide and still have a good time.

I understand both sides of this debate clearly.  It's basketball, it's supposed to be fun.  If you post something and it get's taken down, laugh about it and move on maybe.  It's not like it's the government censoring ideas against the republic!  

Board footera