Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

1/27/2022 6:38 am  #26

Re: Game Thread - St. Joseph's Hawks

The absolute lack of a offense is almost as glaring as the obstinance of not trying to play a zone. This team is 353 out of 358 teams in assists to FGM. KD that is totally on you!!!! Four assists last night is ridiculous and the assist to turnover ratio is and has been bad. As is constantly pointed out by color analysts on just about every broadcast a passed ball moves a lot faster than a defensive player.

Last edited by The Dome (1/27/2022 6:45 am)

1/27/2022 9:02 am  #27

Too many problems, roster limitations.   Just too many.   Only thing we can hope for is progress.   Wins will be hard to come by, attitudes will get bad, but hopefully they care enough to get better.   Afterall, other teams are watching.

1/27/2022 9:10 am  #28

So Jackie Johnson has a hot hand, and SJ has no answer for him.  He is playing his heart out and his shooting and spirited play brings us back to take the lead with roughly 11 minutes to play.  Dambrot promptly takes him out while SJ builds the lead back to 10 points and then puts him back in, but he never touches the ball until the closing seconds of the game.  Some please give me a rational explanation for this move. 

1/27/2022 9:12 am  #29

We need a stronger presence inside but we also need a PG who looks to get the ball inside. I do believe that each player on the court feels that he has to make the big play, the big basket, and that is not going to promote a team concept with better ball movement. Tre is a good player but over matched size wise in most every game. Would like to see him at the 4 but that's impossible with our current roster. We often speak of one player making a big difference on a team. Could RG have been that player? We will never know. This season is tough on the coaches, the players, and us as fans who are dying to see an A-10 championship caliber team at the Coop other than on the visitors bench. Will our patience ever be rewarded? Not certain that it will be in the immediate future. I have no where to go, no other team to root for. This is my team win or lose. BTW, did I say how much I hate losing?

1/27/2022 9:18 am  #30

CLK wrote:

So Jackie Johnson has a hot hand, and SJ has no answer for him.  He is playing his heart out and his shooting and spirited play brings us back to take the lead with roughly 11 minutes to play.  Dambrot promptly takes him out while SJ builds the lead back to 10 points and then puts him back in, but he never touches the ball until the closing seconds of the game.  Some please give me a rational explanation for this move. 

I think the only person to explain that is Dambrot, and the explanation wont make sense.   

1/27/2022 9:53 am  #31

Perhaps Jackie needed a break but in a basketball game that close, the break for a hot hand would be quite brief.  After a minute or two of playing time, send him to the scorers table to check in and call a time out to give him another minute or so.  Just a thought from a clueless fan

1/27/2022 1:46 pm  #32

Excellent points by all, especially Wildwood, Phil, and CLK.  I just have a hard time even watching this anymore.  Once again we are already left wondering about next year............

Board footera