Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

2/15/2022 8:44 pm  #1

Game Thread - George Washington University Colonials (H)

7:00pm EST tip on Monday 02/16/2022 at the UPMC Cooper Fieldhouse, Pittsburgh, PA
Per KenPom:
Dukes #260 (6-17; 1-10 A-10) vs George Washington University Colonials #236 (9-14; 5-6 A-10)
Game prediction: Dukes win by 2, 69-67 - Dukes with 59% probability of a win.
Betting line: Dukes are 4½ point favorites; Over/Under 137
Duquesne 8-15 Against the Spread: GW 11-11-1 ATS

Dukes Best Win(s): Bradley (84); UC Irvine (118); UMass (182)
Dukes Worst Loss(es): Northeastern (276); Bowling Green (244); Marshall (234)
GW Best Win(s): George Mason (109); Rhode Island (116); Fordham (178)
GW Worst Loss(es): UC San Diego (251); UMass Lowell (240); Charlotte (208)

Four Factors ==> Effective field goal percentage; Turnover percentage; Offensive rebounding percentage; Free throw rate (shown below if team has Top 100 ranking overall or top 4 in conference as a strength; if team has Bottom 100 ranking or bottom 4 in conference as a weakness)

Here's a look at GW for the season (national ranking out of 358 teams):
Offensive Strength: None
Offensive Weakness: FT Rate (308); Offensive Rebound % (300); Effective FG % (259)
Defensive Strength: None
Defensive Weakness: Offensive Rebound % (314)

Here's a look at GW in the A-10 (conference ranking out of 14 teams):
Offensive Strength:  None
Offensive Weakness:  Offensive Rebound % (14)
Defensive Strength:  None
Defensive Weakness:  Offensive Rebound % (14); Effective FG % (13)

Here's a look at the Dukes for the season (national ranking out of 358 teams):
Offensive Strength: None
Offensive Weakness: FT Rate (344); Effective FG % (322)
Defensive Strength: FT Rate (6)
Defensive Weakness: Offensive Rebound % (313); Effective FG % (289)

Here's a look at the Dukes in the A-10 (conference ranking out of 14 teams):
Offensive Strength:  None
Offensive Weakness:  FT Rate (14); Effective FG % (14)
Defensive Strength:  FT Rate (1)
Defensive Weakness:  Offensive Rebound % (13); Effective FG % (12)

Points per Possession and Number of Possessions
GW Adj Offense Efficiency - 98.1; 263 in D-1 vs Dukes Adj Defense Efficiency - 106.8; 258 in D-1
GW Adj Defense Efficiency - 104.1; 204 in D-1 vs Dukes Adj Offense Efficiency - 99.4; 245 in D-1
GW Adj Tempo - 68.7; 103 in D-1 vs Dukes Adj Tempo - 65.7; 268 in D-1

Miscellaneous
Experience - GW 1.87 yrs; 186 in D-1; Dukes 0.74 yrs; 353 in D-1
Average Height - GW 77.3"; 124 in D-1; Dukes 77.0"; 161 in D-1

Haslametrics = has the Dukes as 264th in the country.
GW is 237th in the country.
Automated Game Preview:  https://haslametrics.com/preview.php?yr=&tid2=4391&tid1=113&neut=0
Overall Ratings:  http://haslametrics.com/ratings.php

2/16/2022 7:58 am  #2

Re: Game Thread - George Washington University Colonials (H)

Here is a home game that any decent team should easily win on their home court. Certainly not taking anything for granted here. Hope to see some good ball movement and good crisp passing to work the ball inside. Hope to see Hima getting a good share of minutes. I will be disappointed if this is not a double digit victory for the Dukes. Just could be what the doctor ordered. It might get us on track for a few more wins. We will see. GO DUKES!

2/16/2022 9:14 am  #3

To figure out what happens when a stoppable force meets a movable object would you turn to physicists or philosophers?

2/16/2022 10:41 am  #4

I wish they would come out tonight, excited to be there, with joy and happiness, have fun, be aggressive instead of the bored looks, droopy style of play, carelessness, half-assed effort we have seen most of the year.   They need to grow up.   And if they act like this next year on their new teams, they will be riding the bench. 

https://y.yarn.co/591c77eb-8f94-4190-beba-f08dfed21e22_text.gif

2/16/2022 11:06 am  #5

townsonkid wrote:

I wish they would come out tonight, excited to be there, with joy and happiness, have fun, be aggressive instead of the bored looks, droopy style of play, carelessness, half-assed effort we have seen most of the year.   They need to grow up.   And if they act like this next year on their new teams, they will be riding the bench. 

Consider the source for the above; just more of the same nonsense!

2/16/2022 11:27 am  #6

I need that kool aid you drink.  Your nonsense is that everything is great, just dandy, and next year a D3 transfer will be the answer.   Go kick rocks, dude.

Last edited by townsonkid (2/16/2022 11:30 am)

2/16/2022 12:13 pm  #7

levon1975 wrote:

townsonkid wrote:

Levon in the last few exchanges between you and Towson I noticed you have been attacking him vs his posts.  He is just as entitled to his opinion as you are yours.  No need to get personal.  

2/16/2022 1:01 pm  #8

CLK wrote:

levon1975 wrote:

townsonkid wrote:

Levon in the last few exchanges between you and Towson I noticed you have been attacking him vs his posts.  He is just as entitled to his opinion as you are yours.  No need to get personal.  

That’s not how I see it; his posts attack me personally; I only attack his content.  With all due respect there is a difference.

2/16/2022 5:19 pm  #9

Why can't we all just get along...
We are all depressed Duquesne Fans...living through another year of suffering...heartache, irrelevancy, and depression.  We are all uttering that famous phrase that Duquesne Fans know all so well...
WAIT TIL NEXT YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2/16/2022 5:33 pm  #10

It's only a game. I often say that when i'm rooting for a loser. When my team wins however it's a completely different story! The game means everything!! ha ha!

2/16/2022 6:13 pm  #11

levon1975 wrote:

CLK wrote:

levon1975 wrote:

That’s not how I see it; his posts attack me personally; I only attack his content.  With all due respect there is a difference.

CLK you my friend is a real nice person. 👍

2/16/2022 6:14 pm  #12

El Presidente wrote:

It's only a game. I often say that when I'm rooting for a loser. When my team wins however it's a completely different story! The game means everything!! ha ha!

Just as a comparison, say KD started Hima from day one, but now, he is an experienced force. Same team, but different potential. I always say the Pirates are just 2 impact players from being first or last. And that is very likely true. The best organizations find those players every year, the pirates and the Cleveland Browns do not. KD says he wants an impact center, but is reluctant to create one.Don't play him, don't know.

2/16/2022 6:17 pm  #13

Well what is the over & under that Duquesne gets killed on the glass. Second point,  Hima gets his 8 minutes. Yet after 4 rebounds, 2 blocked shots & of course a turnover he is buried on the bench. This a a joke

2/16/2022 7:13 pm  #14

FAM wrote:

Why can't we all just get along...
We are all depressed Duquesne Fans...living through another year of suffering...heartache, irrelevancy, and depression.  We are all uttering that famous phrase that Duquesne Fans know all so well...
WAIT TIL NEXT YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Amen, FAM! We don't need need any more enemies. We already have plenty--St. Bonaventure, Dayton, VCU, Pitt (if they will or won't play us), ignoring or negative reporters, etc. Heck, it seems like the whole world is against us!

2/16/2022 7:49 pm  #15

Dambrots defense really shinning through against a lower level A-10 team ! 23 points in less than ten minutes. This coach is joke, that most of you guys bought into !! Where are the guys that stated In Dambrot we trust ? ??

2/16/2022 8:23 pm  #16

I'm sorry I'm so fair weather. I love Duquesne and my roots go very deeply with that institution and that neighborhood. Nonetheless, here we go again. Pathetic, only 19 points in the first half.

2/16/2022 8:26 pm  #17

Nobody asked me but I believe that we are tanking for that No. 1 draft choice.

WE ARE CREEPING UP TO THE SECOND FLOOR....

2/16/2022 8:56 pm  #18

Thank you Coach Dambrot👍Dukes favored by 2.5. Money money 👍👍👍BetFan Duel 500 $$$. Me I’m betting against the Dukes. Yes I hate doing this but why not cash out. Easy money.

2/16/2022 9:42 pm  #19

20 more days,the team  is in darkness.I feel badly for everyone,players,fans and coaches.Just shocking.

2/16/2022 9:50 pm  #20

I don't listen to these games any more. I turn on iheart radio at 9:00 just to see how the boys are doing ( not real well ). I listen to the post game show and one of the Thomas boys comes on.

The young man says the team played well at Davidson and it is really difficult to win on the road in the A-10. Now I see the irony here, but I'm sure Mr. Thomas doesn't.  In the last 5 days the team ( PLAYING AT HOME !!) was crushed by a mediocre at best Fordham team,  and pounded into a fine paste by a poor G.W. team.

You can't help but laugh.

2/16/2022 9:55 pm  #21

These are really dark days for Duquesne Basketball at present. Let's hope that there is a silver lining somewhere beyond the dark clouds!

2/16/2022 9:56 pm  #22

6 wins 24 losses.Wow.Wonder what Harper and Gormley think and if anything changes.

2/16/2022 10:31 pm  #23

On the bright side,  I got to the game and at least the cheerleaders threw me a shirt.  Now for the bad side of the night, nearly everything else. Why do other teams hit wide open 3's and we don't?  Even worse, why are none of our players anywhere near the hoop for rebounds?  The few times we took it to the hoop in transition, we either got a basket or a foul, and we don't do that near enough all season. GW's defense was up in our faces tight, but our defense lays back 5 or 6 feet. So we have a hard time running our offense , but they have zero pressure on them and can run their offense with little pressure.  For the most part, it's not our players, it's the coaching.

2/16/2022 10:42 pm  #24

Napa, not going to say it’s just the coaches. You don’t lose 11 in a row with adequate players. DAMBROT did recruit them and he is responsible, but they aren’t very good. Just my opinion. 

2/17/2022 1:20 am  #25

Did I read the box score correctly …. The starting 5 had 1 personal foul between them?  How are you playing any semblance of man to man defense with 1 PF?

Board footera