Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

2/25/2022 1:11 pm  #1

2/25/2022 1:19 pm  #2

Re: Trey Williams Out For The Rest Of The Season

Biggest beneficiary will be Hima as he will get a lot more playing time which only gets him ready for next season.  

I can envision a frontline next season with Hima and Williams to be joined by Gunn/Okani/Easley or Ayers.  Asssuming none of these players enter the portal.

2/25/2022 1:19 pm  #3

At least its not a torn ligament.   He'll have plenty of time to recover and be ready for whatever they do in the late spring/summer/fall.
It says he is having surgery, but doesnt say its a complete tear, so they could just be going in to clean it, trim off a partial tear, like I had on my lateral knee.   Ended up getting micrfracture surgery on the cartilidge that was shredded on the medial knee and was on crutches 3 months.   But thats another story.   My meniscus is fine today, 12 years later.

Last edited by townsonkid (2/25/2022 3:03 pm)

2/25/2022 1:55 pm  #4

Good news and considering this season is toast, he can be back for next year. Hima gets more time and that's a good thing.

2/25/2022 2:49 pm  #5

Nothing good about it for Tre or the team!  It's good that it wasn't an ACL; but meniscus injuries can be tricky and there is no way of regenerating the cartilage the gets clipped; so you just have a higher risk of developing arthritis in the knee down the road.  
Hima was going to get a decent amount of playing time in the last few games anyway, but now they have no other options and you saw what happened on offense and defense on Wednesday after Tre went down.  You have no scoring threat inside at all, and teams will just take away the perimeter and be unconcerned with post scoring.  It makes defending much easier for the opponent.  On defense, you are likely to get abused inside with nobody having the muscle to keep post players from backing in and scoring easily.  It can and will get much worse in the last few games without Tre.

2/25/2022 2:53 pm  #6

This maybe a blessing for Hima. The injury  not good for Williams Upside for next years team huge.  Dambrot missed this play the entire season. Against RI this Saturday I bet 10 plus rebounds. Points depend on the guards. Also 4 blocks & 4 attempts alternating shooters shot. Yes 2 goaltending violations but who cares. Worked for Patrick & Akeem. Stay aggressive Mr. Hima. Your future is bright.

2/25/2022 3:03 pm  #7

Levon I agree nothing good about this for Williams.  Wishing him a full recovery.  We will need him next season.

2/25/2022 5:58 pm  #8

DU90 wrote:

Biggest beneficiary will be Hima as he will get a lot more playing time which only gets him ready for next season.  

I can envision a frontline next season with Hima and Williams to be joined by Gunn/Okani/Easley or Ayers.  Asssuming none of these players enter the portal.

How about Hima, Williams and a formidable 6'9"+ starting Ceter.  Rotroff eligibility gone I assume?

2/25/2022 8:10 pm  #9

wharfrat58 wrote:

DU90 wrote:

How about Hima, Williams and a formidable 6'9"+ starting Ceter. Rotroff eligibility gone I assume?

Rotroff has a year left.

2/26/2022 12:38 am  #10

Per KD williams and hima cant coexist cause williams cant defend a 4.  He has 8 months to incorp a zone.  He wont tho.  So the 2 cant play together.  So he says.

2/26/2022 7:16 am  #11

NapaDuke wrote:

Good news and considering this season is toast, he can be back for next year. Hima gets more time and that's a good thing.

Maybe this was taken differently than I meant. The article said the injury isn't severe enough for him not to be back on the court next year. No injury is good, but it looked a lot worse in the game the other night. I also pointed out that Hima will likely get more time, which is good, because KD has had a tendency to not play him enough to develop.

2/26/2022 11:53 am  #12

Really feel bad for Tre. Plays hard and gives 100% from what I see. He may be a tweener  in that he is too small to play A-10 center and a bit too slow for an A-10 4 from reports we hear. What is the best way to utilize him when he's back on the court? First big off the bench or just what? No doubt our recruiting must improve significantly or we are going to see much more of what we are currently seeing on the court. Let's go get some A-10 players that can step in next season and do what most of us thought the players we got this year would do. I've got way more patience than time left so LET'S GO DUKES!

2/26/2022 1:13 pm  #13

El Presidente wrote:

Really feel bad for Tre. Plays hard and gives 100% from what I see. He may be a tweener  in that he is too small to play A-10 center and a bit too slow for an A-10 4 from reports we hear. What is the best way to utilize him when he's back on the court? First big off the bench or just what? No doubt our recruiting must improve significantly or we are going to see much more of what we are currently seeing on the court. Let's go get some A-10 players that can step in next season and do what most of us thought the players we got this year would do. I've got way more patience than time left so LET'S GO DUKES!

Modify the defensive scheme so as to not have the bigs blitzing the pick & roll every time down court. This should have happened long ago as the defense is pretty bad anyway. 

The obvious answer is to mix man & zone defenses. It is also very possible to play man in a different way. The question is, will the coach change anything about the way he operates based on personnel?

Last edited by phil95 (2/26/2022 1:14 pm)

Board footera