Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

SEE INFORMATION UNDER MEN'S BASKETBALL BELOW:

COACH DRU HAS NOW FILLED ALL OF HIS COACHING POSITIONS

BRONNY JAMES REMAINS IN THE NBA DRAFT

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

2/25/2022 1:39 pm  #1

2/25/2022 2:55 pm  #2

Re: Duquesne Offers 4 Star PF/C

Wasatch Academy || 2022 || Center || 6-8 & 225 Pounds https://www.madehoops.com/news_article/show/1207025Top Uncommitted Seniors: Keba KeitaBy Tony McNiff, 02/02/22, 10:15AM CSTKeita has started to earn national recognition from his stellar play for Wasatch Academy in the NIBC this season. He’s earned offers from Dixie State & Washington, along with interest from the likes of Utah, Clemson, Texas A&M, and more. His assertiveness, aggressive playing style, and high-motor can certainly help a college program. Keita was ranked #84 nationally in ESPN’s updated 2022 rankings.  Keita is a physically mature, aggressive, and high-motor center that makes an impact on both ends of the floor. He uses his size and strength to seal position against opponents in the post to get himself clean looks around the rim. He thrives at using his strong frame to absorb contact and finish through it. Keita is a quick leaper, giving him the ability to finish above the rim + grab offensive rebounds frequently. He has above average mobility and agility that helps him beat opponents down the floor in the transition. He’s an assertive rebounder that uses his frame to position himself to reel in rebounds on both ends of the floor. Keita has shown flashes of his face-up game, however that is certainly the key to taking the next step in his offensive development. Defensively, he is a high level rim protector that isn’t afraid to jump with anyone in the lane. His length + quick verticality allow him to block shots around the rim. Keita is certainly a prospect to keep an eye on as he gets closer towards making a college commitment.

Call me cynical but I have a hard time believing that after 4+ years of avoiding long shot offers to high-end young prospects & 3+ star seniors, KD has finally seen the light. I LOVE all 5 of the most recent offers but, I suspect they have been generated as part of a PR campaign by the coach to keep his job.

I feel the same way about his, "I work for great people", line from the most recent postgame press conference. KD is a very adept communicator & always has been. I can't blame him. I would do the same thing if I were in his position.

It is also noteworthy in Keita's case that a Top-100 player only holds 2 Division I scholarship offers at this stage of the recruiting process.

After watching a 1 minute highlight video of Keita's I also became very concerned about his fit for the program. In that short video he set 3 good screens, opened up on his roll to the hoop, caught the ball, & finished down low. That just isn't the way KD's offense works.

Last edited by phil95 (2/25/2022 3:04 pm)

2/25/2022 2:59 pm  #3

He has deltoid and bicep muscles, sign him!   

2/26/2022 9:29 am  #4

2/26/2022 10:08 am  #5

These are the kind players that we HAVE to sign!  Giving KD and staff props for going after. Like the Babe said, "Every strikeout brings me closer to hitting a home run."

Last edited by El Presidente (2/26/2022 11:21 am)

3/01/2022 9:59 am  #6

Figures.   Coach really has got to find guys off the radar, and hope they grow into good players.   Anyone with a pulse will be recruited by one of the 300 better teams/situations.

Board footera