Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/01/2022 6:15 pm  #1

Game Thread - George Washington University Colonials (A)

7:00pm EST tip on Wednesday 03/02/2022 at the Charles E. Smith Center, Washington, DC
Per KenPom:
Dukes #285 (6-21; 1-14 A-10) vs George Washington University Colonials #220 (11-16; 7-8 A-10)
Game prediction: Dukes lose by 7, 72-65 - Dukes with 25% probability of a win.
Betting line: Dukes are 6½ point underdogs; Over/Under 137
Duquesne 8-19 Against the Spread: GW 14-12-1 ATS

First Meeting in Pittsburgh:  GW 73 - Dukes 52

Dukes Best Win(s): Bradley (92); UC Irvine (109); UMass (206)
Dukes Worst Loss(es): Bowling Green (283); Northeastern (266); Marshall (239)
GW Best Win(s): George Mason (108); Rhode Island (123; Fordham (177)
GW Worst Loss(es): UC San Diego (257); UMass Lowell (241); Boston U (213)

Four Factors ==> Effective field goal percentage; Turnover percentage; Offensive rebounding percentage; Free throw rate (shown below if team has Top 100 ranking overall or top 4 in conference as a strength; if team has Bottom 100 ranking or bottom 4 in conference as a weakness)

Here's a look at GW for the season (national ranking out of 358 teams):
Offensive Strength: None
Offensive Weakness: FT Rate (322); Offensive Rebound % (308)
Defensive Strength: None
Defensive Weakness: Offensive Rebound % (322)

Here's a look at GW in the A-10 (conference ranking out of 14 teams):
Offensive Strength:  Turnover % (4)
Offensive Weakness:  Offensive Rebound % (14); FT Rate (11)
Defensive Strength:  None
Defensive Weakness:  Offensive Rebound % (14); Effective FG % (11)

Here's a look at the Dukes for the season (national ranking out of 358 teams):
Offensive Strength: None
Offensive Weakness: FT Rate (350); Effective FG % (344)
Defensive Strength: FT Rate (7)
Defensive Weakness: Effective FG % (309); Offensive Rebound % (305)

Here's a look at the Dukes in the A-10 (conference ranking out of 14 teams):
Offensive Strength:  None
Offensive Weakness:  FT Rate (14); Effective FG % (14)
Defensive Strength:  FT Rate (1)
Defensive Weakness:  Offensive Rebound % (13); Effective FG % (13)

Points per Possession and Number of Possessions
GW Adj Offense Efficiency - 99.9; 257 in D-1 vs Dukes Adj Defense Efficiency - 108.4; 269 in D-1
GW Adj Defense Efficiency - 103.8; 175 in D-1 vs Dukes Adj Offense Efficiency - 98.2; 277 in D-1
GW Adj Tempo - 69.1; 98 in D-1 vs Dukes Adj Tempo - 66.1; 261 in D-1

Miscellaneous
Experience - GW 1.85 yrs; 188 in D-1; Dukes 0.69 yrs; 354 in D-1
Average Height - GW 77.3"; 125 in D-1; Dukes 77.1"; 141 in D-1

Haslametrics = has the Dukes as 297th in the country.
GW is 207th in the country.
Automated Game Preview:  https://haslametrics.com/preview.php?yr=&tid1=4391&tid2=113&neut=0
Overall Ratings:  http://haslametrics.com/ratings.php

3/02/2022 8:26 am  #2

Re: Game Thread - George Washington University Colonials (A)

Dukes +6.5 What am I missing?

3/02/2022 8:31 am  #3

IDK Iron, 6.5 is nothing.   Another easy cash-in night!
Didnt GW just blow our doors off a couple weeks ago?

3/02/2022 8:46 am  #4

Ironduke81 wrote:

Line has moved to +7½ at a few sports books. 

3/02/2022 8:55 am  #5

Unless it moves to 13, i think its fine for betting.  Then again, maybe March is our time??!   :-)

3/02/2022 11:58 am  #6

PhoenixRising2 wrote:

Ironduke81 wrote:

Line has moved to +7½ at a few sports books. 

Lock it in before it moves to double digits.

3/02/2022 1:02 pm  #7

I am hoping for a win tonight.  Screw all you easy money guys 

Seriously, I hope the Dukes come out and play with a chip on their shoulder.  They have nothing to lose, so come out and play for their own pride and respect.   Dukes by 10.

3/02/2022 3:37 pm  #8

CLK you have a better chance to win Mega Millions then the Dukes winning on the road tonight. A good bet is Hima under or over 20 minutes. Hey Dambtots getting paid why not the betting public👍

3/02/2022 3:55 pm  #9

Always good to think positively!  I think if I’m going to pray for a miracle; I’ll wait for the A-10 Tournament!

3/02/2022 7:06 pm  #10

CLK wrote:

I am hoping for a win tonight.  Screw all you easy money guys 

Seriously, I hope the Dukes come out and play with a chip on their shoulder.  They have nothing to lose, so come out and play for their own pride and respect.   Dukes by 10.

KD plays a very low percentage style of game. He gives up at least 20 minutes of play just playing slow. His teams don't push transition, giving the opponent at least a plus 10 advantage just right there. His no pressure 5 feet back from opponents defense let's his opponent operate their offense without pressure until they shoot, then hopefully, they miss. That is very low chance of winning most games.  KD's offense, as best as I can tell, is looking to feed to Lebron (which we don't have) down low, and muscle in for a 2. Then going down the court, then the opponent gets a wide open 3.  KD will never win here, statistically, playing this game. First, he has proven to not be able to out recruit or hold on to the wide body "Lebron" forwards, (forget centers, he doesn't even know what to do with one)  Then his defense is not aggressive enough to stop any offense in this league, maybe the MAC. You recruit players in college for their offensive skills, (high-light film)  but teach them defense. So far this season, the defense should have improved, or then when things got worse, then the coach should have shown the ability to get aggressive and press and steal. That just never happened.  It's time to find some young Assist. and in an extensive intervene have them explain what they would do, and why it would work, then offer 350,000 with performance incentives, that if they win, then they make the money of a winner, not this Ferry and KD years of win or lose, they get their bucks. That probable hurts the worse.

3/02/2022 7:17 pm  #11

Hima just deflected a 3 from 8 feet away. then we got a transition to the hoop foul. That's looking good.

3/02/2022 7:22 pm  #12

Hima just had 2 offensive rebounds on the next play?

3/02/2022 7:27 pm  #13

My God how many times is Hima open inside without a pass, we just lost a lamb pass out instead of to a wide open Center?  We just lost that pass to an easy 2 on transition instead of an easy 2 un the paint.

3/02/2022 7:32 pm  #14

Hima just took a charge. How rare this season.

3/02/2022 7:34 pm  #15

Then Hima just scored then Hima just got an assist. DU is suddenly up.

3/02/2022 7:35 pm  #16

Something strange is happening.  We kind of look like a team.

3/02/2022 7:40 pm  #17

Hima just blocked it on the glass!

3/02/2022 7:41 pm  #18

Say what you want about Mike B and Larson, but they moved the ball well while in there.  J Johnson meanwhile is chucking crazy shots up.  I've never seen someone think they are Steph Curry more than him.  

Last edited by Simms (3/02/2022 7:43 pm)

"You have to be realistic about these things."  - Logen Ninefingers

3/02/2022 7:45 pm  #19

Simms wrote:

Say what you want about Mike B and Larson, but they moved the ball well while in there.  J Johnson meanwhile is chucking crazy shots up.  I've never seen someone think they are Steph Curry more than him.  

Acuff is solid. Hima is neutralizing GW center. Prima is aggressive. Down just 2 at half.  Could we actually be playing BB?

3/02/2022 7:48 pm  #20

NapaDuke wrote:

Simms wrote:

Acuff is solid. Hima is neutralizing GW center. Prima is aggressive. Down just 2 at half.  Could we actually be playing BB?

That was definitely the best half we have played in awhile.  That said, let's talk after the next 20 mins.  

Hima looked great, even if he is a bit of a liability on Offense.
Acuff would be an amazing role player on a team.  He can shoot, is unselfish, and plays with his teammates in mind.
Primo still a bit of a ballhog IMO, but a better half than typical.

3/02/2022 7:54 pm  #21

Simms wrote:

NapaDuke wrote:

Simms wrote:

That was definitely the best half we have played in awhile.  That said, let's talk after the next 20 mins.  

Hima looked great, even if he is a bit of a liability on Offense.
Acuff would be an amazing role player on a team.  He can shoot, is unselfish, and plays with his teammates in mind.
Primo still a bit of a ballhog IMO, but a better half than typical.

Hima has fast hands on rebounds. Can't teach that. That charge he took was great. That block on the glass, just looked so good. And that deflect of a 3 when he is standing in the paint. This kid can sky. And his dunks tonight are so easy since he almost doesn't leave e floor. The half time highlights showed them.

Last edited by NapaDuke (3/02/2022 7:57 pm)

3/02/2022 8:09 pm  #22

We are still tied in the second half.  Some team chemistry. These kids are moving faster than normal. Jackie is taking good initiatives. Primo is moving faster. The whole team is moving with some purpose.

3/02/2022 8:16 pm  #23

And the coach took a timeout after a 7 pt GW run and didnt wait til it got to 12 or 15.   Progress!!!

3/02/2022 8:19 pm  #24

Last couple of possessions have been lacking.  Just launching jumpshots.  This is where we find out how tough they are.  In the past, 7 points with the other team having the ball will blossom to 15 in short order.

3/02/2022 8:20 pm  #25

townsonkid wrote:

And the coach took a timeout after a 7 pt GW run and didnt wait til it got to 12 or 15. Progress!!!

Keeping Hima out didn't help here. Then after timeout, Hima back in there? Go figure.

Board footera