Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/10/2022 1:21 pm  #2

3/10/2022 1:30 pm  #3

Re: David Dixon Commits To Duquesne

Holy heck!   ACC, Big 12, SEC, Dayton and Seton Hall offers.   I almost fell off my chair.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Ca7rQeVuIaQ/?utm_medium=copy_link

Last edited by townsonkid (3/10/2022 1:48 pm)

3/10/2022 1:54 pm  #4

This is one of those kids that Harper meant when he said there is a two year backlog of good players.  This kid had high major interest and offers in '20 & '21 but got lost when the portal went crazy last year.  He only holds two low major offers this year per article above.  What I like about him is he can play the three or the four with his three point shooting, and interior scoring and rebounding ability.

3/10/2022 2:09 pm  #5

3/10/2022 3:12 pm  #6

CLK wrote:

This is one of those kids that Harper meant when he said there is a two year backlog of good players.  This kid had high major interest and offers in '20 & '21 but got lost when the portal went crazy last year.  He only holds two low major offers this year per article above.  What I like about him is he can play the three or the four with his three point shooting, and interior scoring and rebounding ability.

Sounds like a very good get.  This is an example of exploiting the "Market inefficiencies" I talked about earlier.

3/10/2022 4:16 pm  #7

Dave Dixon sounds like a great player to add for the rebuild. I really liked his attitude; and seems like a hard worker willing to contribute to a winning team.  I don't know if Barre' is still leaning toward Duquesne but if he commits our front-line problems could be solved. With Tre, Easley and Gunn returning we may finally have the size and depth needed to win.  When you can rebound on the defensive end it allows you to run more and get more open court opportunities which will really help the young guards Primo and Jackie who I think will blossom in a fast-paced game.
If the coaches can wrap up another good big man;  it's just a matter of filling in with a point guard to distribute and hopefully a deadeye 3-point shooter to stretch defenses. 

I like what Kevin Easley showed late in the season. Even though he was handling a lot of the heavy lifting inside due to injuries; he  seemed to understand that there are plenty of good shots for him in the paint and foul-line extended without necessarily relying on the three-ball.  He has a very smooth mid-range jumper; but seems to get tied up a bit when he extends it beyond the arc causing his shot to flatten out.  I look for a good year from him next year. Primo Spears has a wealth of talent that was obvious the first time I saw him play.  His last few games may have come against teams that were not great; but 64-points in two games tells me he can be an explosive scorer. He just needs to realize when the team needs him to score and when he can help the team more by distributing, playing good defense and scoring when the opportunity arises within the flow of the offense.  
 With a few more key additions, you may witness an amazing turnaround next season, that will surprise a lot of people in and beyond the A-10.  KD probably won't call it his most talented team again, but lets hope it really is! 

3/10/2022 4:33 pm  #8

3/10/2022 6:04 pm  #9

Nice! Thanks for the article CLK. Looks strong at both ends of court, a long list of impressive offers, and if Dayton wants so do we.

3/10/2022 7:19 pm  #10

Saw on the San Diego State message board that on June 16, 2020 David was offered. It stated that he also had offers from Texas A&M, Georgia Tech, Ole Miss, Missouri, and Seton Hall.

3/11/2022 5:54 am  #12

Finally something to perk the interest

3/11/2022 9:37 am  #13

Who's next, lets get a sharp shooter guard or some big nasty hoss today.   Lets go!!!!

3/13/2022 10:31 am  #14

townsonkid wrote:

Who's next, lets get a sharp shooter guard or some big nasty hoss today.   Lets go!!!!

Let's get 'em both!! And let's not forget the experienced PG.

Board footera