Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/12/2022 10:30 am  #1

Mac Championiship

Title game at 7:30pm on ESPN2 for anybody that wants to watch.  If Kent State wins Sincere goes dancing.  A lot of you could care less, but I'll be watching.

3/12/2022 10:56 am  #2

Re: Mac Championiship

lilpav30 wrote:

Title game at 7:30pm on ESPN2 for anybody that wants to watch. If Kent State wins Sincere goes dancing. A lot of you could care less, but I'll be watching.

It will be an interesting game. Definitely plan on taking it in. It's basketball!!

3/12/2022 11:03 am  #3

Will be watching with interest to see Sincere.I think Kent State will win as they have best player in Sincere.

3/12/2022 11:14 am  #4

lilpav30 wrote:

Title game at 7:30pm on ESPN2 for anybody that wants to watch. If Kent State wins Sincere goes dancing. A lot of you could care less, but I'll be watching.

I believe you posted this on the wrong page.  Here is the correct link. https://kentstate.forums.rivals.com/forums/-/list

Vicimus Atlanticum decem

3/12/2022 11:23 am  #5

No,no I dix not.

3/12/2022 11:29 am  #6

There have been players who left our program for whom I truly have no interest. Sincere is not one of them. He had some personal issues and his girl friend was at Kent St. as well. I believe that he needed her support as well as a possible change of scenery. I do not hold Sincere responsible for our problems here in any way, shape or form. I do believe that he  had to take care of his health first and foremost. Wish him all the best.

3/12/2022 11:44 am  #7

ISN'T IT IRONIC ...

3/12/2022 12:06 pm  #8

My take on this, and I hold nothing personal against anyone who disagrees, is this "Well, we wish _____ well" is just part and parcel of the "nice guys finish last" loser's mentality that we have seen at Duquesne for going on half a century.   TJ McConnnell started the ball that led us to Jim Ferry and the current disaster.  I don't care for what reason, Carry did it, but the fact is he quit on his teammates mid season, just up and left and turned his back on the only coach who gave him a shot in Division 1!

I hope Kent State loses by 30!

Vicimus Atlanticum decem

3/12/2022 3:48 pm  #9

El Presidente, Carey leaving our school because of his girlfriend is not true. Where do you come up with this stuff. I personally know why he left, but it’s not my place to make it public, it’s Carey’s. You are just relaying a rumor and that’s not a good thing.

3/12/2022 5:49 pm  #11

Wildwood13 wrote:

El Presidente, Carey leaving our school because of his girlfriend is not true. Where do you come up with this stuff. I personally know why he left, but it’s not my place to make it public, it’s Carey’s. You are just relaying a rumor and that’s not a good thing.

Wildwood you apparently rewrite what others post or don't totally comprehend what others say. I said that Carry had personal issues. I also indicated that his girlfriend was attending Kent State.as we were told by someone on the board. Now if none of this is true, I'm happy to listen to the truth of the matter. All I have to go by is what I hear on this board.

3/12/2022 8:09 pm  #12

El Presidente wrote:

Wildwood13 wrote:

Wildwood you apparently rewrite what others post or don't totally comprehend what others say. I said that Carry had personal issues. I also indicated that his
girlfriend was attending Kent State.as we were told by someone on the board. Now if none of this is true, I'm happy to listen to the truth of the matter. All I have to go by is what I hear on this board.

Please explain yourself. 1. What have I rewritten that others have posted ? 2. What am I not comprehending? 3. A rumor on this board is your basis for why he left. 4. I said I will not disclose why he left because it should come from him not me. That is the fair and proper way to handle such matters.

3/12/2022 8:55 pm  #13

Wildwood13 wrote:

El Presidente wrote:

Wildwood13 wrote:

Wildwood you apparently rewrite what others post or don't totally comprehend what others say. I said that Carry had personal issues. I also indicated that his
girlfriend was attending Kent State.as we were told by someone on the board. Now if none of this is true, I'm happy to listen to the truth of the matter. All I have to go by is what I hear on this board.

Please explain yourself. 1. What have I rewritten that others have posted ? 2. What am I not comprehending? 3. A rumor on this board is your basis for why he left. 4. I said I will not disclose why he left because it should come from him not me. That is the fair and proper way to handle such matters.

Wildwood, this is my only response to your post. You ask what you have rewritten that others post. How about the fact that I indicated that Sincere had personal problems as we were led to believe but you failed to include that when you 'quoted" me only including the part of my quote referencing his girl friend. I have no problem with friendly debate on this board but I truly believe that your approach here is mean spirited at times. I just won't go there.

3/13/2022 7:41 am  #14

Akron blew out Kent St by 20 last night, and Sincere had a rough time,  scoring only 6-points and committing nine turnovers.  Akron played great defense overall and was the aggressor all night.   Sincere had one of those games that we saw at times at Duquesne where he never got into the flow of the game, looked passive and almost disinterested.  Considering that he had such a great year; it was surprising to see. 
The other two DU transfers that were playing for a shot at a Conference Championship also lost last night.  Marcus Weathers and SMU lost to Memphis in the American Conf. Semis; while Chad Baker and San Diego St lost in the Conference Final to Boise St. In a low-scoring defensive battle.  Marcus playing a small 5 for SMU struggled against the size of Memphis; especially Duren in the paint.  Baker wasn’t a factor on offense for SD State, but he has improved and worked hard on defense.  He got a lot of minutes off the bench.

3/13/2022 10:14 am  #15

levon1975 wrote:

Akron blew out Kent St by 20 last night, and Sincere had a rough time, scoring only 6-points and committing nine turnovers. Akron played great defense overall and was the aggressor all night. Sincere had one of those games that we saw at times at Duquesne where he never got into the flow of the game, looked passive and almost disinterested. Considering that he had such a great year; it was surprising to see.
The other two DU transfers that were playing for a shot at a Conference Championship also lost last night. Marcus Weathers and SMU lost to Memphis in the American Conf. Semis; while Chad Baker and San Diego St lost in the Conference Final to Boise St. In a low-scoring defensive battle. Marcus playing a small 5 for SMU struggled against the size of Memphis; especially Duren in the paint. Baker wasn’t a factor on offense for SD State, but he has improved and worked hard on defense. He got a lot of minutes off the bench.

Akron lost 2 games in the regular season to Kent State, and Sincere scored around 26 points in each of those games, so Akron came in with a different game plan last night, trapping and stealing the ball from Sincere over and over. Akron must have spotted something in game films about trapping because they did it early and often.

3/13/2022 10:29 am  #16

A really tough night for Sincere. Pretty good game until Akron blew it open in the second half. 
Watched SMU and Memphis too. Marcus is a tough dude on the court but, as mentioned, a bit undersized for the position but works extremely hard on both ends of the court. Really could have used his talents here this year. Nothing in sports is more fun for me than March Madness

3/13/2022 11:35 am  #17

El Presidente wrote:

A really tough night for Sincere. Pretty good game until Akron blew it open in the second half. 
Watched SMU and Memphis too. Marcus is a tough dude on the court but, as mentioned, a bit undersized for the position but works extremely hard on both ends of the court. Really could have used his talents here this year. Nothing in sports is more fun for me than March Madness

Sincere was able to pass out of traps about half the time, but Akron kept it up and those steals to fast break points just are killers. Plus, trapping him so much hampered his ability to run the offense. March Madness is fun, Duke got upset in the ACC final by Va. Tech. and they mentioned Va.Tech. had 6 main players that started their careers in lower leagues and transferred to Tech. In other words, 4 and 5 star recruits were beat by zero star recruits. It was great to watch, and Tech got stronger in the second half and won by 20 points. Great game.

3/14/2022 3:01 pm  #18

Interesting that Kent St. did not get an NIT bid as the 2nd place finisher in the MAC.

Last edited by PhoenixRising2 (3/14/2022 3:02 pm)

3/14/2022 6:02 pm  #19

PhoenixRising2 wrote:

Interesting that Kent St. did not get an NIT bid as the 2nd place finisher in the MAC.

IF you recall that was one of the reasons Dambrot left the MAC, won 27 games and didn't get a sniff of the NIT.

Vicimus Atlanticum decem

3/14/2022 6:36 pm  #20

Both Akron & Kent are significantly better coached than DU was this year & last. DU's talent in both season's exceeded both teams. 

I saw a great deal of the same throughout Championship Week from the best teams playing in inferior conferences. It was really something to behold for the eyes of a loyal DU fan. I find that quite discouraging.

3/17/2022 3:48 pm  #21

phil95 wrote:

Both Akron & Kent are significantly better coached than DU was this year & last. DU's talent in both season's exceeded both teams. 

I saw a great deal of the same throughout Championship Week from the best teams playing in inferior conferences. It was really something to behold for the eyes of a loyal DU fan. I find that quite discouraging.

Absolutely agree. Too many times do you see a team that can run past a KD team on less money, get to the dance.

Board footera