Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

2/26/2022 10:48 pm  #1

Reilly Sunday leading her team in the playoffs

Great article on our recruit next year that will challenge for playing time next year. 

https://www.post-gazette.com/sports/high-school-basketball/2022/02/25/pittsburgh-high-school-basketball-wpial-playoffs-Indiana-at-Moon/stories/202202250017

Highlights:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iXVgyEfiel8

Sunday didn't play last year because she tore her ACL and missed her junior season.

2/27/2022 7:29 pm  #2

Re: Reilly Sunday leading her team in the playoffs

Since it is now official that Diamond Bragg will not be returning, I would not be surprised to see her push for the open spot in the starting rotation.  Keeping fingers crossed she stays healthy, she will be 2 years removed from the ACL injury.  I am hoping her season next year is kind of like what Reagan Moore's second season after her injury, where she took off.  Unfortunately, that was her last season at Duquesne.  I've always thought back to her experience and looked at the second year as the "return to normal" year when it comes to ACL injuries.  

If she can return to form, Reilly will be a very good player for the Dukes and may even be another 4-year starter.

Last edited by DU90 (2/27/2022 7:30 pm)

3/12/2022 11:13 pm  #3

Re: Reilly Sunday leading her team in the playoffs

Moon advances to the state semi-finals after taking down WPIAL Class 5A champion South Fayette.

Reilly Sunday led all scorers with 20 pts, including 9 in the 4th quarter.

Moon will play Chartiers Valley to go to Hershey for the chance to win a state championship. 

It appears that Reilly is having a great recovery season after missing all of last year, as this bodes well for her to come in next year and push for playing time.  She seems to me to have a similar build and game to Libby.  

Board footera