Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/15/2022 2:20 pm  #1

3/15/2022 2:35 pm  #2

Re: Dukes Offer 6'7" Sharp Shooter Rich Rolf

I really like this one.

3/15/2022 3:17 pm  #3

He can dunk with ease.
Smooth shot.
If he can play solid defense, I hope he signs with DU.

3/15/2022 4:08 pm  #4

All I can say is wow when I watch this video. Dambrot needs to sign this kid.  Rolf is number 24 in grey

Last edited by CLK (3/15/2022 4:15 pm)

3/15/2022 5:04 pm  #5

His skill set,  position, & level of recruitment crossover with Barba. Interesting. 2, bigger wing shooters would be great.

3/15/2022 6:29 pm  #6

That was impressive.

3/16/2022 7:01 am  #7

Puh-leeze, not another 6-7 kid from Ohio We need BIG people who can rebound and set up an inside force. We already have Barba. We don't need a clone.

3/16/2022 7:38 am  #8

Given the timing of the offer to Rolf and the decision by Okani leads me to believe these two events are likely to be related.  The coaching staff probably knows who is staying and who is leaving and they likely feel that there will be possibly another departure (maybe Ayers?) and is looking for depth at a position that many need some reinforcement. 

Plus, it is increasingly obvious in watching the conference tournament that 3-pt shooting is at a premium.  Just look at Virginia Tech for example who beat Duke and North Carolina convincingly in their run, they had two big, strong bigs surrounded by 3-pt. shooters. 

The game is changing to a more free-flowing offense where the ability to knock down 3's is just as important as having a 6-10 monster in the paint.  In fact in today's game, if you can't hit 3s then defenses just collapse in the paint and take away the post entry pass and shut down the offense.  See Pitt as an example of how a very good post player gets neutralized by the inability to shoot the ball with accuracy.

Agree on the need to get bigger because you cant' teach size.  We are already going after big guys, having landed Dixon, and potentially being the leader for Halil Barre, plus the offers to the kid from Sweden and Cooper from IMG in Florida, both of whom are 6-10.  

One thing is for sure, it's going to be an interesting off-season.

4/30/2022 9:41 am  #9

Committed to Charlotte

Board footera