Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/16/2022 12:03 pm  #1

3/16/2022 12:12 pm  #2

Re: Dukes Offers 6'4" JUCO PG

3/16/2022 2:13 pm  #3

Seems like a lot to like with Drake.  He has good size, can score in multiple ways, and can distribute.  It would be important that he can guard well enough to control the opposing point guard.  In the A-10 that usually means being able to keep up with the speed and quickness of opposing guards.  We've got to do better at preventing penetration of the oppositions guards.  His size would be a bonus in making it more difficult for the opponent to get clean looks at the three.

3/16/2022 3:15 pm  #4

Bring him on board, lets go.   He moves well.   Takes it to the rim with force.   Glad to see offers going out.

3/16/2022 7:42 pm  #5

Interesting. Looks like he is very good JUCO player on a very good JUCO team. They are ranked in the JUCO Top 20 & already won their 1st round tournament game. 

I read that he is a definite qualifier with 3 years of remaining eligibility. In the last month he has gotten 7-8 offers. None of the offers came from schools ranked 250 or better.

He is currently rated the 43rd best JUCO prospect in the country.

Has anyone been able to locate full stats for this season?

3/16/2022 10:12 pm  #6

With these offers, Dambrot must be planning on at least 4 players leaving or him pushing 4 out.

3/17/2022 8:40 am  #7

FAM wrote:

With these offers, Dambrot must be planning on at least 4 players leaving or him pushing 4 out.

As of yesterday -  there were 4 from RI (who is replacing their coach) 5 from St. Joes  7 from George Mason  6 from LaSalle (and I wonder how many will pop up from U Mass and GW once they hire a new coach)  Richmond and St Bonnie with all those 5-6 year players don't really have too many to go in to the portal.

Brandon Stone (W PA  whom DU might have had some interest in years ago -- not now)  Originally signs with LaSalle - moves on to Bobby Mo -- BACK IN THE PORTAL.

When all is said and done at the end of the period --  If you take the total transfers divide by the number of schools will probably be around 5.  This will also probably be happening EVERY year as teams change coaches - players bump up - players bump down.

3/17/2022 5:59 pm  #8

Drake got several more offers in the last 24 hours. He has played well in the Juco tourney but now his team is out. 

I like the driving, passing, size, athleticism, steals, & A/TO ratio. Those 3PT & FT percentages are hard to ignore when the team needs shooting.

Here is a link to his season stats:
https://www.njcaa.org/sports/mbkb/2021-22/div1/players/drakeallenq2uq

3/17/2022 6:14 pm  #9

I'd like to see at least another 10% on that 3 point percentage.

3/17/2022 8:38 pm  #10

WashPaRick wrote:

I'd like to see at least another 10% on that 3 point percentage.

Definitely agree with this. Also love to see a point guard who can shoot at least 75% from the foul line. Way below average in both categories.

Board footera