Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/19/2022 2:05 pm  #26

Re: Huge Day for DU Athletics!!

I am attending the NCAA tournament in another city. Their host school logo looks about the same size as ours. Also there's a big sideline sign with the school name on it but out of the usual TV view. I wouldn't be surprised if the NCAA decides the size of the signage.

That said, I think it's apparent that all these NCAA hostings haven't translated into success in the Men's Basketball program (which was probably the main point anyway). So especially in light of Athletic Department employees complaining about extra work, what is in this hosting for Duquesne? Do we get money? If so, how much and is it worth it to distract Athletic Department employees from their main jobs?

3/19/2022 3:15 pm  #27

Yes, they do get money for hosting.  Plus it brings about $10-million into the local economy and helps local merchants who were hurt by the pandemic. I’m quite sure that once you have the template for hosting it is easier to repeat; and Duquesne has hosted often.

3/20/2022 8:32 pm  #28

I've gone to the tourney every time that we have hosted. Basically to gauge how many light years behind we are to all of these programs. The $13 hot dog and Dr. Pepper combo was a downer though. Sorry about the Loyola loss. They did not play well at all but at least Ohio State lost today. Those Houston guards are phenomenal. Maybe one of them will enter the portal and we can grab him. (Haha).

WE ARE CREEPING UP TO THE SECOND FLOOR....

3/20/2022 9:08 pm  #29

I deleted my follow up post.   I need to
learn to move on from the frustration this situation causes me.

3/21/2022 6:11 am  #30

A83 wrote:

I deleted my follow up post. I need to

Did you save it any where? Would love to see it.  Feel free to DM me, I am probably at your level of support for this program these days.

Vicimus Atlanticum decem

3/21/2022 7:55 am  #31

Tejas_Duke wrote:

A83 wrote:

I deleted my follow up post. I need to

Did you save it any where? Would love to see it.  Feel free to DM me, I am probably at your level of support for this program these days.

I didn’t save it.   I sent you a dm.

Board footera