Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/05/2022 10:45 am  #1

4/05/2022 11:15 am  #2

Re: Duquesne To Host Three Official Visitors This Weekend

Nice.  Halil-Barre, 6'9'' 220 is getting into the size of guys we need.   Couple him with Dixon, and two 6'9'' additions would be solid.

Fingers crossed.

4/06/2022 7:33 am  #3

Really need this one. It won't take but a couple of the right players to turn this around. Hoping Hilil-Barre is one of them. Let's get a PG who isn't 5-8 and a knockdown shooter if possible.

Last edited by El Presidente (4/06/2022 7:34 am)

4/06/2022 9:12 am  #4

I like Hronsky and Clark,  however,I have to believe that there are better options than Barre.  The list of Barre's offers are misleading.  Almost all of those are from 2020 when he first started to play at Montverde Prep.  The only other current offer I can find is Youngstown State.  I don't know if this kid is hurt but the full game videos I have seen show him lumbering up the court. I know the staff have watched him play in person and seem high on him.   I have attached a recent sample video below and you can make up your own mind. There are more full game videos for Scotland Campus like this. It is extremely boring to watch. Barre is number 21 in white.

Prep Red vs Mt Zion (2nd Half) - YouTube

4/06/2022 2:14 pm  #5

After watching some video, I agree that Barre might not be what he is hyped to be. Didn't impress. Let's keep looking. We aren't in a position to take a flyer on him. We need to make our picks count!

4/06/2022 2:25 pm  #6

I agree with Royal Duke about Barre. He seems to be a big guy who doesn't get much done. The Dukes don't need that. 

4/07/2022 5:59 am  #7

Can't miss on the bigs this year. I think back to 2018 when we had Swingle,Bizeau,Rotroff and Kelly coming in and I thought we were set for 4 years. 

4/07/2022 12:19 pm  #8

Cant base an offer, or no offer, off of one prep school game.   At some point in time, someone called him the best big man on the east coast.   There are other videos out there he looks pretty darn good.
Obviously, they are more than just interested in each other if he is coming in for a visit.
KD can ID talent, he just cant retain it.   

All these places cant be wrong, can they?
Offers/Interest: West Virginia, Towson, Hofstra, LaSalle, Loyola of Chicago, Georgetown, Youngstown, Buffalo, Siena, Radford, Vermont, Marquette, South Florida, Pitt, CSUN, ETSU, Duquesne, Marquette, Memphis, St Francis, Quinnipiac, St Bonnies

4/07/2022 12:34 pm  #9

townsonkid wrote:

Cant base an offer, or no offer, off of one prep school game.   At some point in time, someone called him the best big man on the east coast.   There are other videos out there he looks pretty darn good.
Obviously, they are more than just interested in each other if he is coming in for a visit.
KD can ID talent, he just cant retain it.   

All these places cant be wrong, can they?
Offers/Interest: West Virginia, Towson, Hofstra, LaSalle, Loyola of Chicago, Georgetown, Youngstown, Buffalo, Siena, Radford, Vermont, Marquette, South Florida, Pitt, CSUN, ETSU, Duquesne, Marquette, Memphis, St Francis, Quinnipiac, St Bonnies

Towson, I hope this kid is the real deal.  I am no recruiting expert but I have watched enough DU hoops to know we get clobbered in transition and need a quick, skilled mobile center.  Also, as I mentioned, almost all interest and offers we from 2020.  The only recent offers I have seen are Youngstown State and Bryant.  I don't know awhy these schools, maybe the kid got hurt.  As for videos, I would like to see any videos from Scotland Campus Academy that are not highlight clips were he looks good. There are several full game videos that were similar to the one I posted.  If KD wants him I hope he gets him.  

4/07/2022 1:29 pm  #10

I agree that we need the Barre who was the recipient of those many offers. Just doesn't look like that kind of player from the video posted. Hoping he is great and chooses the Dukes! 

4/07/2022 1:58 pm  #11

The schools listed were from an article in Feb 2022.   I have no idea how accurate or if they are even current.   Bball recruiting sites are pretty bad, there are just too many players to cover.

He is moving fine here...from Feb 2022
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m1gXb933RP4

4/07/2022 2:52 pm  #12

townsonkid wrote:

The schools listed were from an article in Feb 2022.   I have no idea how accurate or if they are even current.   Bball recruiting sites are pretty bad, there are just too many players to cover.

He is moving fine here...from Feb 2022
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m1gXb933RP4

I agree about the sites not being able to stay current.  I watched this video and after the first couple of minutes of the game I see the same kid struggling to run.  I could post four other full game videos with the same thing.  Again, I don't know if he is hurt. I honestly hope this kid is the big man we desperately need.  We shall see. Like Dambrot said in his last post game video he has to win the recruiting battles and he can't afford any misses.  While I am rooting for Dambrot to get the right players to get us at least back to where this team was two years ago, I am not drinking the Kool Aid on these recruits like last year.   

Board footera