Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/09/2022 2:52 pm  #1

Easley to Declare for Draft

Per PSN Twitter.  Not sure why he wants to test the waters.

4/09/2022 3:21 pm  #2

4/09/2022 5:16 pm  #3

Re: Easley to Declare for Draft

Doesnt want to stay here, has to sit out a year to transfer again, so go pro.

4/09/2022 5:26 pm  #4

Also mentions "retaining his eligibility for 2022"

4/09/2022 9:33 pm  #5

Wow. I'm predicting we don't hear his name on draft day. 

4/10/2022 8:00 am  #6

Wow Kevin has inspired me to get my card for the PGA tour. Next year Masters beware. Hello D league.

4/10/2022 8:50 am  #7

I see a World Chess Championship in my immediate future! 
Seriously, Kevin can and maybe should test those waters but would be shocked if he ends up anywhere near an NBA arena next season without a ticket.

4/10/2022 10:12 am  #8

Should have added that I wish him well with wherever he lands!

4/10/2022 11:58 am  #9

There are some benefits to the player when he declares for the NBA draft. Easley gets to attend next month’s scouting combine and get feedback about his game, and use that feedback when he (most likely) comes back to Duquesne next year.

Note that both Sin Carry and Lamar Norman have also declared without an agent.

4/10/2022 12:17 pm  #10

PhoenixRising2 wrote:

There are some benefits to the player when he declares for the NBA draft. Easley gets to attend next month’s scouting combine and get feedback about his game, and use that feedback when he (most likely) comes back to Duquesne next year.

Note that both Sin Carry and Lamar Norman have also declared without an agent.

While I hope Kevin will come back to Duquesne, if I am not mistaken he will be a graduate student and can transfer without sitting out a year.  Also, I don't think he needs to enter the Portal by May 5th to retain his eligibility to transfer.  He could enter later as a grad student, although I could be wrong.

4/10/2022 2:11 pm  #11

You just can't make this stuff up...

4/10/2022 2:12 pm  #12

In his comments, Easley talks about how basketball has taught him "discipline, obedience, perserverance, character and teamwork."
It seems to have not taught him loyalty.
Good riddance.

4/12/2022 10:54 pm  #13

CLK wrote:

While I hope Kevin will come back to Duquesne, if I am not mistaken he will be a graduate student and can transfer without sitting out a year.  Also, I don't think he needs to enter the Portal by May 5th to retain his eligibility to transfer.  He could enter later as a grad student, although I could be wrong. 

He would be a grad student next season, but he did use the one-time transfer exception to go from TCU to Duquesne, after previously transferring the old-fashioned way from Chattanooga to TCU. Because he used the one-time transfer exception, he would need a waiver from the NCAA to transfer again, even as a grad student. At least that's how I understand the new transfer rule. Also, he would still have to meet the May deadline to enter the transfer portal, it's the same for grad transfers as undergraduate transfers. See:

Postgraduate Transfer Eligibility
Q11: What criteria does a student-athlete who has graduated with their baccalaureate degree need to meet to be eligible as postgraduate student at another Division I school?
A11: A student-athlete who graduates with remaining athletics eligibility may be eligible as a full-time postgraduate student at another Division I school provided they meet the one-time exception criteria, including providing a written request to enter the NCAA Transfer Portal to their current school by May 1 if they participate in a fall or winter sport, or July 1 if they participate in a spring sport.

Q12: What if the student-athlete transferred previously from another four-year school as an undergraduate student?
A12: Generally, a student-athlete who has previously transferred from another four-year school would not be able to use the one-time exception as a postgraduate transfer. However, a waiver process exists for postgraduate students with a previous transfer history.

http://fs.ncaa.org/Docs/eligibility_center/Transfer/OneTime_Transfer.pdf

4/13/2022 7:34 am  #14

Thanks for the research, DennisC91.

I fully expect Easley to be back.

4/13/2022 7:59 am  #15

Thanks Dennis.  I wasn't sure how that worked.  I hope Kevin comes back as well.

4/13/2022 8:34 am  #16

Mr. E… we want you at Duquesne next year.

4/13/2022 12:21 pm  #17

FAM wrote:

Mr. E… we want you at Duquesne next year.

Ditto...

WE ARE CREEPING UP TO THE SECOND FLOOR....

Board footera