Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

11/21/2013 11:31 am  #1

Donovan Jack

I was intrigued by LaSalle loss to Penn State, so I checked the Box Score. For what it's worth, and it isn't worth much, I saw that Donovan Jack had 18 against the Explorers - 4 of 6 3's, 2 of 3 2's and 2 of 2 free throws. He played 26 minutes and had 4 rebounds.

11/21/2013 1:09 pm  #2

Re: Donovan Jack

Had to be a different Donovan Jack. I read that he would NEVER amount to anything here and on other message boards.

11/21/2013 1:17 pm  #3

Current Penn Stater Donavan Jack, who basically reneged on his signed NLI with the Dukes after Ron Everhart was replaced by Jim Ferry, had the game of his career against La Salle in the friendly confines of Bryce Jordan Center.  (http://www.gopsusports.com/blog/2013/11/jacks-career-night-helps-spark-nittany-lions.html

Of course, the Penn State loyalists hope that he can deliver this type of performance with some regularity.  Note that up to this game for the current season he had been averaging only 17 minutes, 5 pts., and 2 rbs. per game.  He saw very limited action his freshman year.  Perhaps he's capable of producing some of the stats at the college level that he had during his very impressive high school carrer.  Or maybe his last night's performance was an anomaly.  I'm looking forward to seeing how he'll perform against the Dukes at the Consol on Dec. 11th.  I'm hoping that the Dukes make him regret his backing out of his wrtten commitment.

11/21/2013 3:06 pm  #4

I'm much more interested in how Watkins performs for Duquesne then how Jack performs against us. Ferry said on his radio show Watkins would be ready in 2 weeks. That was 2 weeks ago so if nothing changed he should be ready for Pitt.

11/21/2013 3:52 pm  #5

Rick, I could care less about how Jack does. Just making a point. For future reference, if you think I'm being sarcastic, I am.

We all want Watkins to get healthy and the NCAA$$holes to either qualify or disqualify Robinson. I am looking forward to seeing them play.

11/21/2013 3:57 pm  #6

I agree on our two 6-8 freshman forwards, put Mckoy and Soko in the mix and Jack might get jacked up and smacked down.

A diehard fan since 1961

11/21/2013 4:08 pm  #7

At the game last night an astute observer noted that Watkins was in uniform and went through warm up drills.

11/21/2013 4:33 pm  #8

I believe Jim Ferry said that Isaiah was to see the Doctor again on Tuesday (of this week)  to get an update on his condition and possibly an approval to go full speed in practice.  I don't know the result of this, but in my opinion he still seemed to be moving a little gingerly during warmups last night; but possibly just being cautious.

11/21/2013 8:00 pm  #9

Game notes state Watkins is not fully cleared to play. Maybe for Pitt?

11/21/2013 8:42 pm  #10

Jarrett said last night that Watkins won't start unrestricted full practice until 12/2.  He got this from the Dukes trainer.  If that holds true he will not be ready to play against Pitt.

11/21/2013 9:10 pm  #11

Would be nice if the NCAA would make a damn decision on Robinson one way or the other. This is ridiculous.

11/21/2013 9:38 pm  #12

duq81 wrote:

Would be nice if the NCAA would make a damn decision on Robinson one way or the other. This is ridiculous.

At this point, should we consider just saying we'll redshirt him anyway?  If he hasn't been able to practice, which I'm not sure he has been able to, is it worth it for Robinson to try to play this year given how much time he'll have to make up?

11/22/2013 1:04 am  #13

I would Redshirt Robinson for sure.  At least it gives us something to look forward to next year, and it provides us with an ample recruit to attach to James.  Still, it sucks that he isn't ready to go.  I'm excited to see what Watkins brings.  Ridenour has been pretty decent, and I think that Gill can be an okay player once he learns how to slow down.  

"You have to be realistic about these things."  - Logen Ninefingers

Board footera