Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/11/2022 12:01 pm  #1

Matus Hronsky Commits To Duquesne

4/11/2022 12:09 pm  #2

Re: Matus Hronsky Commits To Duquesne

4/11/2022 12:23 pm  #3

He's my favorite player now!    :-)))
So do we stand at 5 out and 5 coming in now?

Last edited by townsonkid (4/11/2022 12:27 pm)

4/11/2022 4:42 pm  #4

I guess no one really knows the count for sure but I have one more open schollie to give. I could be wrong though

4/11/2022 6:00 pm  #5

My stab at the current Roster:
1. Williams
2. Spears
3. Rotroff
4. Hima
5. Gunn
6 Bekelja
7. Barba

That’s 7. Leaves us with 6 open.

Commitments:
1. Dixon
2. Clark
3. Hronsky
4. Pratt???
5. Rozier ???

Should leave us with one. But others may go! We still need a Center and a guard.

4/11/2022 6:01 pm  #6

HookShot wrote:

My stab at the current Roster:
1. Williams
2. Spears
3. Rotroff
4. Hima
5. Gunn
6. Bekelja
7. Barba

That’s 7. Leaves us with 6 open.

Commitments:
1. Dixon
2. Clark
3. Hronsky
4. Pratt???
5. Rozier ???

Should leave us with one. But others may go! We still need a  big and a guard.

4/11/2022 6:25 pm  #7

After this past season's mess, we have no idea where or how this kid will fit in.  

4/11/2022 6:32 pm  #8

I would assume he plays the three or stretch 4 and most likely get starter minutes looking at the current roster make up

4/11/2022 6:36 pm  #9

also looks as if the Barre kid did not bite on the offer even with the official visit and the other two committing

4/11/2022 8:00 pm  #10

Haven't seen anything about Ayers leaving -  At the end of the year when he was not on the bench Coach said something along the lines of "It's for his protection"  The "five out" above could be Easley (although he may be back - yet he isn't counted above) Larsen (who graduates) Johnson, Acuff and Okani. 

4/12/2022 7:45 am  #11

Love this pickup. My new favorite Duke. He even has a village in Slovakia named after his family.

4/12/2022 9:00 am  #12

SkepticAl wrote:

Haven't seen anything about Ayers leaving -  At the end of the year when he was not on the bench Coach said something along the lines of "It's for his protection"  The "five out" above could be Easley (although he may be back - yet he isn't counted above) Larsen (who graduates) Johnson, Acuff and Okani. 

What are your thoughts on Rotroff’s chances of coming back?  With his long-tenure and annual injury issue; I would not expect to see him holding a scholarship next year.  Anyone think otherwise?

4/12/2022 9:41 am  #13

Austin graduated in December. I would expect that he plays for us this year as a “super senior.”

4/12/2022 10:04 am  #14

HookShot wrote:

Austin graduated in December. I would expect that he plays for us this year as a “super senior.”

"PLAYS" is the operative word!  I don't think they can afford to lose a scholarship on a guy that is never able to stay healthy enough to play.  I don't see that changing with the kind of leg, ankle and foot issues that he's had every year.  I would have to take a close look at the level of player they could get with that scholarship.  We are of course, assuming he wants to continue to play. 

4/12/2022 4:16 pm  #15

townsonkid wrote:

He's my favorite player now!    :-)))
So do we stand at 5 out and 5 coming in now?

Mine too!  He is from a village 40 miles south of where my father was born in 1921.  Go Dukes!!

Board footera