Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/13/2022 9:14 am  #1

4/13/2022 9:58 am  #2

Re: Barre Commits To Duquesne

Alright, alright, alright.

4/13/2022 10:11 am  #3

Good job by the coaching staff to get the commitment from Barre. He looks like he has all the tools to be a good A-10 center.  It also gives the class good balance, to date, with three guards, a small forward, a big forward, and a center.  Depending on Easley's decision we may still need to bring in a veteran small forward to pair with the freshman Hronsky; and likely another guard. I haven't heard anything on RJ Gunn since the end of the season; but maybe he can fill that role of the small forward to go along with Hronsky.    I'd like to see another veteran guard to go with Spears and Clark; but we'll have to wait and see what the coaches have in mind.  Chances are that the freshman guards will take some time to adapt.  

4/13/2022 11:56 am  #4

If Gunn can play the SF, we might have a decent lineup, and not require any true freshman to star, which would be nice for once in a long time.   We are currently at 15 with Easley, 14 without, so who knows what shoe might drop next.   But I like where we are at in such a quick time.
Maybe THIS might be KD's most talented team?

4/13/2022 12:19 pm  #5

townsonkid wrote:

If Gunn can play the SF, we might have a decent lineup, and not require any true freshman to star, which would be nice for once in a long time.   We are currently at 15 with Easley, 14 without, so who knows what shoe might drop next.   But I like where we are at in such a quick time.
Maybe THIS might be KD's most talented team?

Kid, it's a long stretch of time until November. I'll defer judgement until then...

WE ARE CREEPING UP TO THE SECOND FLOOR....

4/14/2022 11:01 am  #6

Damn, voice of reason!  This is our time to dream; don't shatter our dreams with reality; until that demon November arrives!

Last edited by levon1975 (4/14/2022 11:04 am)

4/14/2022 11:35 am  #7

Phoenix, or you other stats folks...CAN SOMEONE please now do the math?

Who do we definitely have on the roster...(pretend Easley is staying)
Who has left?
Who has SIGNED as new recruits.

Are we...as of today (4/13/22) ...over and by how many?  Inquiring minds want to know!  Thank you.

4/14/2022 12:18 pm  #8

Right now we have six who left counting Ayers and Easley, and six commitments.  But Dambrort is still recruiting.  My guess, or speculation, is he will bring in at least two more guards and another big assuming they are holding Easley's spot open for him to return.  If Easley does not return. maybe another small forward.  If things pan out this way KD will need to shed three or four more players.  

We have Quincy McGriff in this weekend, and I suspect a couple other kids.  We all need to hang loose until this all unfolds.    

jake lieberman on Twitter: "Juco guard Quincy McGriff (@quincy_mcgriff) from @SLCCbasketball is starting his official visit to Duquesne today. Will go until Saturday." / Twitter

4/14/2022 12:52 pm  #9

levon1975 wrote:

Damn, voice of reason!  This is our time to dream; don't shatter our dreams with reality; until that demon November arrives!

Apologies mon ami! In the immortal words of Coach Bill Cowher "Perception is reality" so let's perceive at will until November.

WE ARE CREEPING UP TO THE SECOND FLOOR....

4/14/2022 1:14 pm  #10

True, I was just feeling like Shakespeare, (or Marlowe) and hoping against another tragedy in November!

4/14/2022 1:59 pm  #11

Another big?

Tre Williams, Hima, Barre, Rotroff, Dixon, & Hronsky are already more "big" players than I can remember being on a Dukes roster over the last 30 years. How can this be happening?

I really want to see what Hima can become. KD never seemed very impressed with his play over the season's final 8 games. I hope he doesn't leave or get lost in the shuffle.

This class needs an experienced, sharp shooting, starting PG from the portal & another PG understudy. 

4/14/2022 3:57 pm  #12

phil95 wrote:

Another big?

Tre Williams, Hima, Barre, Rotroff, Dixon, & Hronsky are already more "big" players than I can remember being on a Dukes roster over the last 30 years. How can this be happening?

I really want to see what Hima can become. KD never seemed very impressed with his play over the season's final 8 games. I hope he doesn't leave or get lost in the shuffle.

This class needs an experienced, sharp shooting, starting PG from the portal & another PG understudy. 

Phil, I should have specified by "big" I meant a center.  In my opinion, if anything was clear about this team going into the recruiting period we needed an experienced good point guard, and a big strong skilled experienced Center.  There were other upgrades that were needed but these two were key.  We knew that Williams was best suited at the PF position, Rotroff was unreliable because of persistent injuries, and Hima was a year away from getting major minutes (if you don't agree argue with Dambrot not me). 

Of the other guys you mentioned, Hronsky is a shooter and best suited as SF wing player. Dixon is a PF/SF although he probably could play the 5 but would really have to bulk up.  That leaves Barre.  Again, in my opinion, Barre is not the answer at center.   I see him as a Project with a capital P.  Hima is twice the player and will be seeing his minutes increase, and Barre will be behind him.  If I am wrong about him you can pound me all you want next season and I won't care a bit. 

Therefore, my conclusion is that if I am Dambrot with my job and Legacy are on the line I am still looking for the needed "difference maker" center.  Will he find him?  I hope he does. He did get an experienced point guard in Clark and probably looking for a back up. We do know he is recruiting another big guard in McGriff and is recruiting Thiero hard. Hence my reasoning for bringing in a couple more guards and a center. 

4/14/2022 4:57 pm  #13

As Iron Duke noted on another post, there are still guys on scholarship who are NOT A-10 talent level players.  That is all I am saying at this point!!

4/14/2022 6:23 pm  #14

CLK wrote:

phil95 wrote:

Another big?

Phil, I should have specified by "big" I meant a center.  In my opinion, if anything was clear about this team going into the recruiting period we needed an experienced good point guard, and a big strong skilled experienced Center.  There were other upgrades that were needed but these two were key.  We knew that Williams was best suited at the PF position, Rotroff was unreliable because of persistent injuries, and Hima was a year away from getting major minutes (if you don't agree argue with Dambrot not me). 

Of the other guys you mentioned, Hronsky is a shooter and best suited as SF wing player. Dixon is a PF/SF although he probably could play the 5 but would really have to bulk up.  That leaves Barre.  Again, in my opinion, Barre is not the answer at center.   I see him as a Project with a capital P.  Hima is twice the player and will be seeing his minutes increase, and Barre will be behind him.  If I am wrong about him you can pound me all you want next season and I won't care a bit. 

Therefore, my conclusion is that if I am Dambrot with my job and Legacy are on the line I am still looking for the needed "difference maker" center.  Will he find him?  I hope he does. He did get an experienced point guard in Clark and probably looking for a back up. We do know he is recruiting another big guard in McGriff and is recruiting Thiero hard. Hence my reasoning for bringing in a couple more guards and a center. 

Your Barre/Hima assessment provides ample food for thought.  

4/14/2022 9:23 pm  #15

This kid from Miami (O) coming for a visit would be a big get. Story at PSN.

Board footera