Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/25/2022 8:39 am  #1

Recruits

Who has signed a letter of intent of the recruits that have committed to play for the Dukes ? My understanding is that we only have verbal commitments. Why the hold up on the signings when the signing period began on April 13 ? Thanks in advance. By the way, Rotroff just had surgery again, no time table on his ability to come back.

Last edited by Wildwood13 (4/25/2022 8:41 am)

4/25/2022 9:15 am  #2

Re: Recruits

Wildwood13 wrote:

Who has signed a letter of intent of the recruits that have committed to play for the Dukes ? My understanding is that we only have verbal commitments. Why the hold up on the signings when the signing period began on April 13 ? Thanks in advance. By the way, Rotroff just had surgery again, no time table on his ability to come back.

How can I ever doubt the great CLK. Rotroff is a surgeons dream for income. Yes we need a proven center. Not the first time I was wrong on this board. Especially in regard to last years win predictions.

4/25/2022 10:17 am  #3

Rotroff needs to find a job with excellent health benefits! The Basketball budget must have a separate line-item entitled “Rotroff surgery expenses”!

4/25/2022 10:51 am  #4

I'd be amazed if Rotroff really wants to put himself through another season of college basketball, but if he does, it should be somewhere else. If he's a good kid to have around then offer him a graduate assistant role or something. 

4/25/2022 1:12 pm  #5

L.A. Pratt, Lincoln Park basketball player, won't attend Duquesne - 
Interesting article in the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

4/25/2022 1:13 pm  #6

DennisC91 wrote:

I'd be amazed if Rotroff really wants to put himself through another season of college basketball, but if he does, it should be somewhere else. If he's a good kid to have around then offer him a graduate assistant role or something. 

It’s ironic that in many other threads, athletes are lambasted for having no loyalty and for moving on to other opportunities. Yet here we have a kid who has persevered through multiple surgeries and continues to represent Duquesne to the best of his abilities. I’d also like the team to win, but not at the expense of what Austin means to the team.

4/25/2022 1:52 pm  #7

Rosceaux… Thinking the same thing. He has been a loyal player. I hope he recovers, stays at DU, and does great in the Fall. 

4/25/2022 2:18 pm  #8

FAM wrote:

https://www.post-gazette.com/sports/high-school-basketball/2022/04/25/la-pratt-lincoln-park-duquesne-basektball-recruiting/stories/202204250077

4/25/2022 2:56 pm  #9

Pratt may be much better off attending a school where he might have a better opportunity to play early on. Or perhaps he will attend prep school for a year. Duquesne needs immediate help and should pursue the portal route to get that help IMO. This is what will continue to take place as recruiting has changed drastically with lots of HS players left behind or otherwise overlooked. Let's get the players that we need to compete this coming season and that includes a solid big at the 5 who can come right in and contribute.

4/25/2022 3:01 pm  #10

Pulling the rug out from under a local star couldn't have been an easy marketing decision for KD & Co.

However, I am am encouraged by this move because it shows how serious the staff is about upgrading the talent. Desperation is not always the best motivator but might just do  the trick in this case.

Bring on the actual signings!

4/25/2022 3:10 pm  #11

PhoenixRising2 wrote:

FAM wrote:

https://www.post-gazette.com/sports/high-school-basketball/2022/04/25/la-pratt-lincoln-park-duquesne-basektball-recruiting/stories/202204250077

Just curious as to why Okani has been referred to as a guard on several occasions.

4/25/2022 3:52 pm  #12

This move came as no surprise.  Prep School probably makes the most sense for Pratt.  He has potential, but obviously has some work to do on his game to reach the A-10 level.  I hope he takes the advice and gets some offers out of Prep School.  There is no harm in suggesting to a player that he consider a Prep year.  It is in fact quite common.  
As for Okani being listed as a guard, it probably makes the most sense.  He played on the wing most of the time and in a three-guard offense would have been considered one of the three guards.  He typically defended big guards, so he kind of fits the profile of a guard.

5/28/2022 9:12 am  #13

levon1975 wrote:

This move came as no surprise.  Prep School probably makes the most sense for Pratt.  He has potential, but obviously has some work to do on his game to reach the A-10 level.  I hope he takes the advice and gets some offers out of Prep School.  There is no harm in suggesting to a player that he consider a Prep year.  It is in fact quite common.  
As for Okani being listed as a guard, it probably makes the most sense.  He played on the wing most of the time and in a three-guard offense would have been considered one of the three guards.  He typically defended big guards, so he kind of fits the profile of a guard.

According to the Portal --Pratt is going to Elon

Board footera