Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

11/22/2013 10:27 am  #1

Steve Opperman - A10 Coach of the Year

Since in the past I have directed my bitterness towards DU's athletic program towards Steve Opperman and the volleyball team, I will eat crow and offer sincere congratulations for him being named A10 Coach of the Year.

The DU volleyball team was the regular season champs and begin A10 play tomorrow as the Number 1 seed.   I hope have to eat more crow with them winning the tournament and breaking our run of not appearing in the NCAA tournament.

11/22/2013 11:20 am  #2

Re: Steve Opperman - A10 Coach of the Year

Well done Kurt.  When I heard about the VB team winning the A-10 regular season, I  recalled your negative comments about Coach Opperman in the past, so I appreciate the fact that you stepped up and gave credit to the team and the coach for their accomplishment. 

Some may not be aware that to clinch first place the Dukes had to go on the road last weekend and win at VCU, a team that they lost a match to earlier in the season; as well as winning at LaSalle a team that is not good.  Good luck to the ladies in the tournament this weekend.  Having the #1 seed should help, but the tourney is played at GW, who also has a good team.

11/22/2013 12:02 pm  #3

Here's hoping they win the tournament! Big congrats! Been a great fall season for our women athletes!

11/22/2013 7:06 pm  #4

levon1975 wrote:

Well done Kurt.  When I heard about the VB team winning the A-10 regular season, I  recalled your negative comments about Coach Opperman in the past, so I appreciate the fact that you stepped up and gave credit to the team and the coach for their accomplishment. 

Some may not be aware that to clinch first place the Dukes had to go on the road last weekend and win at VCU, a team that they lost a match to earlier in the season; as well as winning at LaSalle a team that is not good.  Good luck to the ladies in the tournament this weekend.  Having the #1 seed should help, but the tourney is played at GW, who also has a good team.

Here is where seeding really helps.  Being the Number 1 seed means that VCU and most likely GW will meet up knocking a strong team out. The Dukes will most likely play Dayton who was the preseason pick to win A10 but had a rough season. 

I will gladly eat more crow on Sunday.  I would love to watch a tournament selection show with the name Duquesne mentioned.

11/23/2013 7:35 pm  #5

The women advance to A10 finals vs the winner of VCU and the home team GW.  Ousted defending champs Dayton 3 sets to 1.

Go Dukes!

11/23/2013 10:24 pm  #6

duqkurt wrote:

The women advance to A10 finals vs the winner of VCU and the home team GW. Ousted defending champs Dayton 3 sets to 1.

Go Dukes!

In the A-10 championship game, the Dukes will play VCU who beat GW, 3-0, in the other semi-final match.  The Dukes were 1-1 against VCU in the regular season matches, losing at home, 3-2 and winning at Richmond, 3-1.  

The Dukes can win the championship match and earn a spot in the NCAA tournament!  
GO DUKES!

Board footera